Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared views fail

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
patrice.d
755 Views, 9 Replies

Shared views fail

Hi,

When using shared views in inventor (2019 4.1), I can’t get the links to work after a day. Initially they seem fine, but when I or someone else  tries to open them the next day it gives you a FAIL message.

Normally once finished uploading though Inventor I get an automatic email telling me that it is ready for viewing, But I don't get those either, however I do get a notification from Inventor telling me the upload is done and I can copy the link. On the picture attached you can see that the top two files have a blue circle going through them, those are the ones that will fail. The bottom two work fine.

Someone needs to do something about this, asap. please!

image.png

Cheers

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
johnsonshiue
in reply to: patrice.d

Hi! We are encountering sporadic issues with Shared View server. Please retry it now. It should work more reliably now. If it still does not work for you, please export the model to DWF or 3DPDF. You can send the file to your partner and view it on free viewers (DWF: Autodesk Design Review required or 3DPDF: Acrobat PDF reader required).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 10
patrice.d
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks for the update, and I will try your suggested options if I have any troubles

Cheers

Message 4 of 10
philthalmann

Hello Johnson,

Has this issue not been fixed yet?

I had to re-share for a customer of mine 6 days ago because the previous share disappeared after less than a week (not even sure it lasted a day but can't confirm this)

Now I have to re-share again. The files don't even appear on the server site when I log it so I have to re-upload the complete assembly each time.

Is this a technology we should not be working with yet or ???

Frustrating for me and more importantly my customer when they have to come back to me and ask what's going on with this.

Regards

Phil

Message 5 of 10
patrice.d
in reply to: philthalmann

Hi,
I'm also having the same "bad" experience. Very frustrating.
Message 6 of 10
Rich-T

Same issue here too. Shared views disappear within a week, even when extended to 31+ day expiry.

Message 7 of 10
patrice.d
in reply to: Rich-T

Hi All,
It has been going on for months now. It seems that Autodesk isn't able to fix it! Or maybe it is a low priority.
It is really annoying having to redo the shared views almost every day.
Hope it gets fixed soon.
Message 8 of 10
Rich-T

I agree, unfortunately that may be too late for us.
We spent a fair bit of time and effort selling our colleagues on shared view functionality. This could kill of any further interest.

Message 9 of 10
patrice.d

Hi,

Can you or someone else from Autodesk get back to us with a estimate on when this is going to be fixed??

I have to re-do my shared views almost every day!! It is quit time consuming and annoying/frustrating!!

If Autodesk can't fix it they should send an message to all user's that this technology is offline until it does work, just be honest if you cant fix it, it is better then leaving us user's in limbo.    

Message 10 of 10
johnsonshiue

Hi Patrice,

We need to work with the server team to get better understanding of the situation. The exact issue and behavior is outside of Inventor team's control. Let me work with some experts and find out more info.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report