Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Thumbnail Background to white regardless of user background

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gilljWRQ6T
89 Views, 1 Reply

Set Thumbnail Background to white regardless of user background

Last resolution to this issue is form 14 years ago and that add-in doesn't seem to be available anymore.   

I want to set the thumbnail background to be white regardless of the background any particular user is using.  We have several different users, all of whom use different backgrounds and some of whom use black backgrounds.  This makes for poor quality printing because it's next to impossible to see the part clearly and depending on how many people are working on a given project, the thumbnails are quite inconsistent.  I'm aware that I can open every part drawing, set my background to white and resave everything, but that's a poor solution on an assembly with hundreds of parts. 

If there's not a native setting in Inventor for this, is there any kind of add-in or work around available?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnsonshiue
in reply to: gilljWRQ6T

Hi! This is not yet available out-of-the-box. In the following idea, there are a few iLogic rules to refer to. Please take a look.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/save-all-thumbnails-with-white-background/idi-p/724108...

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report