Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting whole sketch while cutting in sheet metal

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
umit.cicek
620 Views, 7 Replies

Selecting whole sketch while cutting in sheet metal

When using the normal extrude cut command in standart parts, Inventor lets the user select the whole sketch in one time. But when using the cut command in sheet metal, the user has to select all dravings of a sketch one by one, you can't just click-hold the mouse and hover over to select the entire drawing.

Is there an exact reason why it has been implemented like it is right now or is this a missing feature ?

And does any body have an easy solution for this ? Someone experienced the same problem maybe ?

Thanks for your responses.

Cut.png

kelly.young has embedded your image for clarity.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
andrewiv
in reply to: umit.cicek

I would think that this is a good one to put out on the idea station.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 3 of 8
SBix26

Which Inventor version are you using?

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2019.1 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Message 4 of 8
umit.cicek
in reply to: SBix26

Im using Inventor 2018 22310

@SBix26 wrote:

Which Inventor version are you using?

Sam B
LinkedIn

Message 5 of 8
SBix26

I don't see this on my Inventor 2018.  When I start the Cut tool on a sheet metal part, closed profiles are available to be selected, exactly as it works with the Extrude tool.

Can you post a sheet metal part here that shows this problem?

Sam B
LinkedIn

Message 6 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! Indeed, this is inconsistent. The inconsistency between 3D Modeling commands and Sheet Metal commands is more than just selection. The dialogs look different and manipulators are absent in Sheet Metal commands.

It should not be like this. We are aware of the inconsistencies and we are trying to make changes. But, the more modern UI will not be retrofitted to existing releases unfortunately.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 8
CCarreiras
in reply to: SBix26

@SBix26

The question is not to select several profiles (that is possible to do), the quaestion is to select them in one time, like a dragging selection box... In solid extrude, you can do that, in sheet metal cut, you cant.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
CCarreiras

In current versions, you can select the profiles(drag a selection box) in sheet metal as you select in solid mode.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report