Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting parts in an assembly

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
cmooreXBSNR
377 Views, 7 Replies

Selecting parts in an assembly

Running Inventor 2019 with all updates. 

Sometimes, say 1 out of 50 times when I place a part (no matter how) in an assembly I am unable to select that part to constrain it. I cant even drag a box around it and select it. Not until I frantically zoom in and out and left click numerous times (think tantrum) will that part become selectable. I want to say this is new with Inv 2019, but I just cant remember when it began. This same scenario also happens randomly when I open an Assembly and just want to measure a hole Dia. for instance. My cursor will select whatever is behind my part. I cant tell you how many times I have had to undo because I selected thru my part and chose something unwanted. The parts are not the problem, I use the same parts from the same folder, always. I design weldment fixtures using a modular fixture system. 

Any ideas out there? My operating system is well above the minimum requirements and my video card driver is up to date.

Thanks in advance for any help or insight

Casey

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
MoshiurRashid
in reply to: cmooreXBSNR

images.jpg

I think, the problem is in the selection manager. Please give it a try.
Go to the selection manager on the upper left of the screen and select select all. May be this will help.

Moshiur Rashid
Autodesk Certified Instructor
ACP | CSWE
https://www.autodesk.com/expert-elite/overview

LINKEDIN | FACEBOOK

Message 3 of 8
mcgyvr

Tools..application options...General tab.. Is "Enable Optimized Selection" checked or unchecked? Try toggling it and see if that helps any..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 8
cmooreXBSNR
in reply to: MoshiurRashid

I use this feature often. I dont think this has anything to do with my totally random problem. Thank you

Message 5 of 8
cmooreXBSNR
in reply to: mcgyvr

It is checked now. I will try with it unchecked. Thank You

Message 6 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! The behavior does not sound right. Do you have persistent steps to reproduce it?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 8
cmooreXBSNR
in reply to: johnsonshiue

No, unfortunately. This is a completely random thing. 

Message 8 of 8
lena.talkhina

Hello @cmooreXBSNR  !

Great to see you here on Inventor Forum.

Did you find a solution?
If yes, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button as then also other community users can easily find and benefit from the information.
If not please don't hesitate to give an update here in your topic so all members know what ́s the progression on your question is and what might be helpful to achieve what you ́re looking for. 🙂

Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Лена Талхина/Lena Talkhina
Менеджер Сообщества - Русский/Community Manager - Russian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report