Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sectioned View Rep & Drawing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CAD-One
550 Views, 2 Replies

Sectioned View Rep & Drawing

I have a 3/4 sectioned view rep (Locked) in an assembly. On a drawing, When I select the correct view rep,

- I don't get the save view orientation ( though It show/hide the correct parts). I was expecting this because I had locked in 3D

- I don't get to see the 3/4 section

Any body else experience this?

Thanks

C1

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CAD-One
in reply to: CAD-One

I think ability to create Design views, Section them & Lock them in the desired orientation is a great feature.

Too bad we cant utilize this in drawings.

I had to use Break out views alternatively.

C1

Autodesk Inventor 2011

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: CAD-One

I'm also looking for the ability to see an assembly section in a view placed on a drawing using view representations.

The best way I know right now is to literally create a cut in the assembly.  The problem is, I have different positions of some components involved.  I cannot use any view representations because the cust travels with the part orientation rather than letting the section cut through regardless of orientation.

In the drawing, I need a 3/4 view of a 1/4 section.  Can't get there from here using auxiliary views or sections in the drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report