Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Views problem

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sattju
560 Views, 5 Replies

Section Views problem

I have a couple of sheets where I placed section views on a different sheet from the view it’s referencing. However, when I export those particular sheets along with all of my other sheets to Autocad, those section view sheets are not to scale when all of my other sheets are fine. What could be the issue that I’m missing and is there a possible fix to make sections views placed on separate sheets export to scale?

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SharkDesign
in reply to: sattju

Your export. When you do the save as, check the options. If it is set to 'base scale' anything on that page will be set to the same scale as the first view you placed (on that particular page). If your section is from a different page, that could potentially be a different scale. 

jameswillo_0-1625841759532.png

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional
Message 3 of 6
SharkDesign

As far as I know you can't fix this. Of all the options, only base scale will show the sections, the others omit it. 

Well not how you have it anyway. The only way to get it to work is to make sure your sections are the same scale as everything else on that page. 

Expert Elite
Message 4 of 6
sattju
in reply to: SharkDesign

Gotcha. Well, thanks for the info. Hopefully they will come out with a fix for this in the future. It just makes sense to be able to enlarge section views on a separate sheet since having it at the same scale as the base can be hard to see. If I leave it as an inventor drawing that’s not a problem, but if I ever need to export it to CAD, it would make it a lot easier.
Message 5 of 6
SharkDesign

I don't think this will change. Section views are purely for views, they are not meant to be to scale.

I don't think you're supposed to be put section views on different pages either as you can't easily see what it's referencing. If you request it in the ideastation though they may consider it. 

Expert Elite
Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! I am wondering if you may benefit from using AutoCAD VIEWBASE workflow. AutoCAD has the ability to document Inventor components associatively. The command is VIEWBASE. You can create associative drawing views to Inventor parts or assemblies. Then use AutoCAD's comprehensive drafting tools to annotate the views.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report