Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section view lable reset

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1187 Views, 6 Replies

Section view lable reset

I just started a drawing that someone else had worked on and had done many section views and detail views. I ended up trashing pretty much all his work and started over but on the same drawing. Now when I put my first section view down IV starts off with section W-W. I can change that to section A-A but when I put the next section view in it starts again in the upper alphabet. Any suggestions on how to reset them back.

Thanks
Joe Sienko
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
yuejuan.dong
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, currently, the best way is change the view identifier when you create the Section/Detail view.Thanks,Sally
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I think what Joe is saying is he doesn't want to have to keep typing in the identifiers. He would like to reset Inventor to a value - say A-A and have it automatically fill in B-B on the next view and so on. I have struggled with the same problem and have not found anything. Anyone?

Thanks.
Message 4 of 7
yuejuan.dong

Yes, you are right, Thanks for explaining it again, I have understood what you wanted, but currently, inventor don’t support reset the identifier, so now the best way is input the identifier you want manually. I have profiled a wish list to our product designer. Thanks for posting. Sally(Autodesk)
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

this is one of those things that should be an easy fix and patch. you could even make it so that the identifier default would be the next in series from the last , so when you entered A_A its next pull would be B_B

doesnt affect me personaly as i was trained all sections start at Z-Z and work backwards. Detail ( close up cut details) start at A and go forward
Message 6 of 7
t_pcoll

One possible workaround is to copy/paste views to the new drawing created from template. Ladislav
Message 7 of 7
Davarn-ToolGuy

This thread was first posted in 2008. It was last added to in 2009. The employee Sally, profiled a wish list to Autodesk product designer on 11-03-2008.

It is now 2015. It seems like a simple fix.

David Arnold

Designer-New Dies

Motor City Stamping Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report