Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Participation

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
5035 Views, 17 Replies

Section Participation

Shaft should not participate in the section view. Even though I selected the "non" option. I didn’t get it. How to fix it?

1.png

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi fiatnm,

Tools tab  > Options panel  > Document Settings  button > Modeling tab > Participate in Assembly and Drawing Sections setting

See this help page for explanation:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-6A0E43B8-B99D-48ED-A491-D7BE1F36E62B

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 18
mdavis22569

what you have shown is right ... you won't be able to tell on the shaft ...

pull an iso 

shaft.JPG

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

Thanks
Message 5 of 18
mquiles

I have used the solution in other versions of inventor, but in the version of inventor 2023 it does not work. And I have the app fully updated.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: mquiles

Hi there,

I gave up Autodesk long ago. Now I do not know anything of Autodesk.

Thanks
Message 7 of 18
SBix26

Can you post a model here that shows the problem?  I'd like to see it for myself.

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2023.2 | Windows 10 Home 21H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: SBix26

I have left Autodesk long ago. Now I do not know anything about Autodesk. I have change my profession.
Message 9 of 18
SBix26

@Anonymous I was not addressing you.  Feel free to unsubscribe to this topic (or all topics).  Your comments haven't added anything of value.

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2023.2 | Windows 10 Home 21H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 10 of 18
mquiles

I have succeeded. The indication of no participation in the section had marked it in the wrong place. It is possible. I am sorry. Thanks you.

Message 11 of 18
JaredJanis

I'm having the same issue in Inventor 2023 where selecting None under Section Participation doesn't exclude the part from being sectioned. I see there was an issue that was supposed to be fixed in the Autodesk Inventor 2023.1 Update. I am working with Build: 271, Release: 2023.2.1 - Date: Wed 02/01/2023.

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Elementi-spariscon...

@mdavis22569  @SBix26  @mquiles 

Message 12 of 18
mdavis22569

What's your pick priority at? Share a screenshot ? 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 13 of 18
JaredJanis

JaredJanis_0-1680196170030.png

Message 14 of 18
JaredJanis
in reply to: JaredJanis

What I'm trying to do is have the parts circled in pink included in the section view but not sectioned. It seems that since they aren't crossed by the section line they are excluded completely.

JaredJanis_0-1680197195034.png

Message 15 of 18
mdavis22569

that's something different than the issue of 2023.1 

need to turn of the participation in the browser tree 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV7XqzjaRIw

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 16 of 18
JaredJanis

That is what I have done but it appears to only work on bodies that the section line crosses, bodies completely on the near side of the section line are excluded.

I did come up with a workaround using a derived part to create one solid body while keeping the seams between planes and then having a separate model state for that particular view. It's not ideal, maybe Autodesk will add functionality for this in a future version.

JaredJanis_0-1680198320312.png

Message 17 of 18
mdavis22569

Hard to say .. without seeing all of the files myself 

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 18 of 18
JaredJanis

The model files are attached. These have been done as a training exercise by one of my junior designers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report