Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section line

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
910 Views, 12 Replies

Section line

I've a question about section line. Is it possible to edit this line just like at attached picture? (Long line-pause-short line-pause-Long line) It's very importatn for me. 

2019-01-14_09h04_29.png

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

You have to do changes in the style.

1.png

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: CCarreiras

I can't change LINE, not Lader 🙂 We have 4 options in this window, but any of this options have LINE like on picture

Message 4 of 13
CCarreiras

Well, you're right... since i can't see other options, i guess these are placed mannually.

Can you post here the document to check that?

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

It's only a screen of picture from Google, I wanted show my problem on that picture. I know I can made for e.g symbol and place, but maybye we can change this line style. In solid works probably this style is existing 😉

Message 6 of 13
CCarreiras

Well... if you don't have the file, you will never be sure how it was made, it could be manually edited, imported from Autocad... etc etc.
Is this a big issue for you? If not, keep going... inventor uses standard styles, so why make big changes in it?

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

I have to made many drawings for school, but teacher said that section line must be like attached photo. I only want know: Is it possible to change this in Inventor, if not I export drawings to ACAD and correct 🙂

Message 8 of 13
philip1009

Beyond what @CCarreiras has shown, you can also change the style of the arrow heads:

Head Style_edited.jpg

And you can go under the Layers section in the Styles Editor:

Line Style_edited.jpg

Other than that, honestly, the style of the section line is superficial, as long as it's a different style than other lines and every drafter knows a section line by the labels on either end, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  If you can't change it in Inventor to match exactly and you have to change it in Autocad to get the grade, then go ahead and do that, but then that's not representative of a real workflow.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: philip1009

Layers editor doesn't work 😞 When I switch off "Show entire line" Only 1 line stay in Drawing. If you can make section line just like on my pisture please upload a video. Thanks a lot for your help 🙂

Message 10 of 13
CCarreiras

@Anonymous wrote:

.....but teacher said that section line must be like attached photo....

So... ask your teacher how to it... that's his job... to teach you.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 11 of 13
philip1009

Go into your Project Manager and check if your Style Library is set to read-write, if it's set to read only, then you can't change those settings:

Project_edited.jpg

If the project file can't be edited then you can possibly change that status, go to the file location of the .ipj file in File Explorer, right-click the file and select Properties, then uncheck the read-only box:

project file_edited.jpg

If you don't have permissions to do that, then you have to go to your network admin to give you permissions.  If the project file and the Style Library is set to read only, then I'm surprised the teacher doesn't realize that as the problem you're encountering.

Message 12 of 13
kelly.young

Hello @Anonymous I see that you are visiting as a new member to the Inventor Forum.
Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

You can create your section line as you want but there is no way to make it look like your custom dash-dot-dash without manually creating sketch geometry. 

Here is a short screencast how to accomplish this. 

If you would like more functionality out of the section line you can always post at Inventor ideas for others to vote up.

Please select the Accept Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: kelly.young

Thanks a lot about your answer 🙂 It's an answer which I want 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report