Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale change/ text size change

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
m.nachmazov
178 Views, 5 Replies

Scale change/ text size change

Hi,

I have made drawings in Inventor in 1:4 scale, everything fit nicely on the sheet, but now I need to change the scale to 1:1....

When I change the scale to 1:1 everything exceeds the sheet as it got bit and the annotation size text is very small.

Is there a way how to change the scale simply from 1:4 to 1:1, somehow that I wouldnt have to change text size and sheet manually as I have many sheets to go through.

P.S. I can not upload the file.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CGBenner
in reply to: m.nachmazov

@m.nachmazov 

Hello.  Can you share more information on the drawing?  What is your sheet size?  A screen shot of both scales might help users here offer you some advice for a layout that will work for you.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 6
blandb

Text size is not associated to the scale of the view. You could probably find some iLogic Code that would go through and set text size based on view scale, but this is similar to ACAD paper space. You set the text size you want when printed such as 1/8". No matter what the view scale is, the text is 1/8"

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 5 of 6
Frederick_Law

Text size should not change with sheet size, according to ASME Y14.5.

It is 1/8" or 3mm when printed 1:1 on paper.

Don't resize text for computer screen.

@m.nachmazov wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way how to change the scale simply from 1:4 to 1:1, somehow that I wouldnt have to change text size and sheet manually as I have many sheets to go through.

P.S. I can not upload the file.

Thanks

No, you'll need to set sheet size and move views.

You could use iLogic to do sheet size, scale and set different text size.

Message 6 of 6
CGBenner

@m.nachmazov Did the information provided answer your question? If so, please use Accept Solution so that others may find this in the future. Thank you very much!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report