Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate rigid joint or control the alignment point/ pointer.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
5350 Views, 3 Replies

Rotate rigid joint or control the alignment point/ pointer.

Does annybody know how to controll the point a joint connector is controlled? It looks like it random picks a side to point to. I can't seem to control it.

In the example below i try to place a end cap to a box profile witch i think a rigid joint is perfect for. But i can not control the oriontation the way i like it. I can only flip it 180° but not 90°. A random angle would be even better.

Pointer joint.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JoyceZhou
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

There are three ways to control the Joint Origin.

After invoke Joint, RMB, you could find Infer Origin, Offset Origin, and Between two faces.

As to this model, you could select the Between two faces, and select the two faces as shown in the image, then select the center point as Origin1. then do the same thing for the second component.

Please have a try.

If YOU still have issue, please end the data to me and i could show you how to create the Joint(my email: jinghua.zhou@autodesk.com).

Thanks,

Joyce 

Joyce-Jinghua Zhou

Inventor QA Engineer
Message 3 of 4
JoyceZhou
in reply to: Anonymous

And when you trying to select Origin center point, you could press Ctrl to lock the highlighed geometries, then select the one you want.

And as to Alignment, you could redefine the the orientation by selecting new Aligned geometry.

Another way to rotate Rigid Joint is to create Rotate Joint, then lock(RMB on Joint, Lock) it. Then it will behave as Rigid. 

Please let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,

Joyce 

Joyce-Jinghua Zhou

Inventor QA Engineer
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: JoyceZhou

I have a similar problem with alignment.  I am taking a course thru CAD Learning and the Joint Offset Tutorial requires that selection of a midpoint on the outside of a piece of square tubing. This is the movable piece.  I have included three files.  Two of the files  show the results I obtain by clicking on the midpoint from (1) end face of tube and (2) the side face of the tube. The alignment arrow I need is  in last file (3) according to the video tutorial.  When addressing a point ( such as this midpoint) is there a way to toggle thru the alignment possibilities for the 1st selection.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report