Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Table - "TODAY'S DATE" is not working.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sultan_mustun
274 Views, 5 Replies

Revision Table - "TODAY'S DATE" is not working.

I did some modifications to the template, and also changed the Date in the revision table from "Creation Date" to "Today's Date".
But when trying to use the template, that has the revision table already in it on Rev0, the Rev0 line always show the date that the template was created. (Created on 13th May)

sultan_mustun_0-1715954069160.png

When adding a new revision line, it works fine.

Have I done something wrong when first adding the "Today's Date" to the revision table?

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi, I’m not at my workstation at the moment but try the following:

1. Create a new document based on the template.

2. Delete the revision instances but not the revision table.

3. Save as Template and replace the original template.

4. retest.

Please let me know your outcome.

If this doesn’t work, can you share the template for further examination? If required, please by all

means remove anything you deem important, images, copyrights etc.

Message 3 of 6

Hi @JamesLodge01,

I tried your steps, I will wait until tomorrow for the date to change and do a test again with this template.

If it is not working, I will upload a blank template striped of anything important and copyrighted.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 6

Hi @JamesLodge01 ,

I tested it out again today, the Rev0 is stuck on yesterday's date (date the template revision was created).

I have attached the template for you to have a look.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 6

Hi, Apologies for the long response, I have been teaching all day.  However, I have checked the file you sent me, and it seems that the revision table is working as intended when entered into the drawing. But not when placed into the drawing and saved as a template as per your origional enquiry.

I think I have miss understood your origional question and the answer I provided isn't 100% true . It is possible to trigger dates when using a PDM (Vault). It might also be possible to trigger the update of the creation date using an iLogic rule.  But the following is true (although you may already know this):

It is possible to manipulate the Creation Date when generating a new document based on a template. To do this:

1. Create new document based on the template.

2. Edit the New Drawing iProperties

3. Navigate the the iProperties Project Page

4. Select the Creation Date drop-down menu

5. Select Today.

You will see this update the rev 0 date to todays date.

I will keep on looking for a way of doing this. Apologies If I have guided you down the wrong garden path.

Message 6 of 6

Hi, you are right, when placing the revision table in the template itself it does not work.

Like you said, for the time being I am running an iLogic to change the value of the date of Rev0 to match the Creation Date.

Thank you for your time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report