Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Block Auto-Insert First Entry

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
524 Views, 3 Replies

Revision Block Auto-Insert First Entry

Hi All,

I am having some issues with my revision block in an Inventor DWG. It is the simple problem that when I create a dwg, it automatically places a first entry into the revision when I don't want an entry until I actually revise the drawing, i.e., not when I am initially creating the drawing. On opening the drawing, I would like the revision block to look like:

Revision Block Desired.png

Instead of:

Revision Block Current.png

Does anyone know where to modify the style to make this happen, if it is possible? When I open the template itself (which I have store in vault), the revision number is empty, only when a drawing in opened using the template does the undesired action occur. Thanks in advance.

Daniel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

I believe they intended that the revision table not be included in your template and be placed only upon revision of the drawing..

Or they didn't think people would care about the first row automatically being included..

BUT.. To achieve what you want (and causing other issues)

Open your template.. delete the revision table.. place a new one and this time erase the start value so its nothing..

Then this will also cause you to need to delete the first row after using the "add revision row" function as auto increment its going to start at 1 for row #2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

To further the point, the revision block is not intended to be in the templates.

I have always just inserted it when needed when I start a new drawing.

The first revision can be controlled when you bring it in the first time in the dialog box that appears.

The style of the revision block can be control here in the styles.

revision.png

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks mcgyvr, that's what I was looking for. Since we prefer that the block already has all the rows pre-added to fit a particular area on the template, and for each data entry in the revision block to be added manually (not by adding rows and letting data self populate), I will go with your latter solution. I appreciate the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report