Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

representation update.

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
mark5DGVX
941 Views, 23 Replies

representation update.

Since a couple weeks my inventor changed itself, suddenly it keep chancing invisible items visible again en cal's it self a representation.

so now i have to make a nieuw view representation every time i try to save something.

It also changes colour and everything in an assembly and so on. 

Sometimes i cant even change an items colour in an assembly even the part it self is the colour i want it to be.

Please how can i toggle this whole update off, before the update everything worked fine.

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
bhavik4244
in reply to: mark5DGVX

@mark5DGVX 

Are you working with Inventor 2022?

Bhavik Suthar
Message 3 of 24
johnsonshiue

Hi Mark,

Please share the files that exhibit the behavior. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 24
mark5DGVX
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Sorry i cannot, this file is claimed by my employer to be sensitive. 

The problem in the assembly is it turns red( electro engine ). no representation options wich i made in its in part mode/sub assembly.

When its in an sub assembly is black like how i saved the part, toggled some workplanes off and so on.

Nowhere its red anymore except when i put the part in the final assembly, and all of a sudden from other sub assembly invisible parts turned visable.

Message 5 of 24
bhavik4244

@mark5DGVX 

Again it's better if you can share which version of Inventor (Like 2021,2022 etc) you're using.

Your wording seems like you're struggling with model state, if you're using Inventor 2022. it would be nice if you can make a short screencast of your issue. That could give better idea what's the issue there.

Bhavik Suthar
Message 6 of 24
johnsonshiue

Hi Mark,

Without seeing the files, it isn't much I can do. If you sign up Inventor Feedback Community, we are bounded by mutual NDA. Or, you can send me a separate NDA and I can sign it. We don't share client data for apparent reasons. Only our team members directly working on the issue can access the files. You can specify which region the files are stored.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 24
mark5DGVX

mark5DGVX_0-1626852568444.png

this is the problem, every time is save it ends up showing al workplanes and the engine turns red.

this is how i saved the sub assembly: 

mark5DGVX_1-1626852638465.png

before this update i had never to deal with representation stuff, how can i turn this off.

I had never the problem that suddenly invisible work planes pop up when i save a file.

all of a sudden every file i save, invisible planes & parts turn visible again and to turn this back

I have to make a lot of afford by making a new representations witch in this case of multiple assembly's: fails.

Message 8 of 24
mark5DGVX

mark5DGVX_0-1626876352298.png

how manny level of details do i need to make to save an assembly with invisible work planes and parts.

please anyone tell me how to put this update of it is a mayor problem in my work right now.

Message 9 of 24
andrewiv

What version of Inventor are you using?  From your screenshot I can assume that you are not using Inventor 2022.  It also looks like you are trying to change visibility by using level of detail (LOD) instead of using design views.  LOD is only used for suppressing components.  If you want to change the visibility of something you need to use design views.  The master design view will always have everything visible.  In one of your screenshots of the sub assembly that is correct it looks like it is using a design view of View 1.  Make sure that the sub assembly is set to this design view in the upper assembly.  If you set it to be associative then any change you make in the sub assembly will automatically come through in the upper assembly.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 10 of 24
mark5DGVX
in reply to: andrewiv

i am using 2021.

But since a week or so i have to make a new representation to be able to save my files. witch was never like this before.

Can you please tell me to make this update undone.

I never had to deal with views, views  representaties or whatever before.

Before this update i saved my files with items visible or invisble and it wil always be the same once i use an assembly in other assembly's.

All i need to know is how to undone this update. gone bye bye is what i need. please.

Message 11 of 24
andrewiv

There was no update on Inventor.  Unless you have an administrator that is pushing out updates without telling you.  You have to install the update yourself, it will not do it automatically.  It is possible that a windows update changed something, however.

Can you check something for me?  Go into your Application options and click on the File tab.  Then click on the File Open... button and see if your Design view Representation option is set to Last Active.  If it is set to Master then I believe that is the source of your problem.

andrewiv_0-1626978092922.png

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 12 of 24
mark5DGVX
in reply to: andrewiv

mark5DGVX_0-1627023030389.png

Message 13 of 24
andrewiv

Ok, that looks good.  Can you record a screencast showing the problem just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly?

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 14 of 24
mark5DGVX

Something seems changed when i checked the box: associative and copy your settings andrewiv.

strange to me that this all of a sudden changed, without me touching any of this.

Message 15 of 24
mark5DGVX

mark5DGVX_0-1627363078430.png

sir i came to the point i dont know annymore.

my inventor is so f'dup by some update.

i never had the representation box in my menu to begin with...

mark5DGVX_1-1627363129340.jpeg

all i did i made an assembly which i would like to save.

nothing more, no representation or annything.

this update has to go.

Message 16 of 24
mark5DGVX

also new: 

mark5DGVX_2-1627363322722.png

Message 17 of 24
mark5DGVX

every assembly i previously made before this update crashes, all my assemblys are in trouble and seem to get ****ed up by this update.

I sometimes ad parts which i don't need to be visibel, i think this update does not response well to this.

please again how to shut this down, inventor is taking stuff on his own which really really effecting my working.

Message 18 of 24
andrewiv

The dialog you see here is referring to Level of Detail (LOD).  This happens when you suppress components in the assembly and then hit save.  In the model tree underneath the Representations folder is the LOD control.  Change the LOD to Master to un-suppress all components.  Based on your previous replies I'm assuming that you wanted to turn off the visibility of the component and not suppress it.  You will need to have the design view set to something other than Master to save the visibility settings.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 19 of 24
rhasell

Hi

What @andrewiv is trying to say, please stop using level of detail. (LOD is a carry on from days gone by when PC's were a lot less capable)

Remove/delete all your Level of Details and then you can start repairing the issues with your assembly.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 20 of 24
mark5DGVX

I wil try, the funny thing is i only turn viability of and i never use the suppres feature. nether i made a LOD or use that.

it asks me to when i try to save stuff. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report