Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing Master View In Drawing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
picutk
270 Views, 3 Replies

Replacing Master View In Drawing

I have a drawing of a casting that has was made in 2008. I recently had to alter the part adding two bosses, both with a draft and radius as do the features previously on this part. When adding the new features my drawing updated to reflect. The two new bosses show the foreshortened tangent edges as I have it set in display options while the other features on this part however are not showing these. I am assuming this is due to the version of inventor the original drawing was made in, while 2021 has these settings. I would like for all of the features to have foreshortened tangent edges without redoing the complex drawing. If I place a new base, I am able to get the view and settings I want. Is there anyway to replace my master view without losing dimensions and subsequent views or must I redo the entire drawing?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: picutk

@picutk 

Welcome to the forum!

This is an old trick, and I admit I don't know if it will work here or not...  Double click the view to edit the view settings.  Change something, like going to shaded or turning on/off the hidden lines.  Hit ok and accept whatever changes you made then close the editor.  Then do the same thing again and change everything back to the way you want it... does it force the update of the entire view?

CGBenner_0-1674069381489.png

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 4
picutk
in reply to: CGBenner

I did try this, but it doesn't seem to work here. 

Message 4 of 4
picutk
in reply to: picutk

I used show hidden edges and that fixed the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report