Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render Software

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
2070 Views, 24 Replies

Render Software

Are there a Autodesk render software substitute for autodesk showcase? i want to render my model created from inventor 2018

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
dgorsman
in reply to: admaiora

@admaiora wrote:

Showcase was a great software and at the moment there is not a similar alternative in Autodesk.

In Showcase you can:

- manage very big assemblies

- obtain good visual quality in a very short time, for static renders and for animation (i can realize and render with a global good material, light, shadow, etc,  15 min video in less of 30 mins work.

-in a very intuitive way, move, rotate, scale a model, position a key, move cameras, with a very few commands and a very quick learning curve

-  open a large ammount of files formats

- do very impressive things without being a genius in the multimedia field.

I can't do these things with the same high rate quality-simplicity/time  in AutoCAD, neither in Inventor Studio, neither in Fusion 360, neither in v Red, neither in 3ds Max or Maya.

Showcase did this. 

You skipped right over a current product: Navisworks Simulate and Manage.  These programs can do most, if not all, of those tasks, plus a few more to boot.  Simulate is covered under most of the Suite and Collection licenses; Manage is under the top tier.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 22 of 25
S_May
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Showcase, please use AUTODESK Inventor-Studio or vred/overview.

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: S_May

Hi, 

As of now i'm trying to learn the Inventor Studio but unfortunately it full of bug just by changing the background scene will crashed the inventor, VRED is not for multipurpose as compared to showcase VRED is more likely for CAR designers

Message 24 of 25
admaiora
in reply to: dgorsman

Given that Navisworks is designed more  for civil/structural/building.

I disagree.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 25 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: admaiora

Actually i just found a way to open my Inventor model in showcase without breaking the link by using the AnyCad functionality, in Inventor 2017.4 i can reference the IV2018 model so now I can open the assembly that i created in IV2017.4 in showcase,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report