Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing / rebuilding a revolved fillet from model

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
safiredesignengineers
2418 Views, 3 Replies

Removing / rebuilding a revolved fillet from model

Hi Group

I have a model that has been made up from a revolved sketch and then had loads of bits done to it etc..  Basically it is a tapered ring with a fillet on the top edge, I need a top face dxf export for profiling and to do this I need to remove the radius on the edge, but because it is a revolved sketch and it is not filleted it is not so easy to do with other references involved.

Is there a way I can temporally rebuild the edge to remove the fillet, I tried in fusion but it won't allow a Zero fillet edge?

I can't upload the sketch to show you unfortunately.

Regards

Adrian

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Well, your problem description makes about Zero  sense to me, I'm still not sure if the curve is in the sketch or if it is a Feature Fillet.

But I can think of about half a dozen ways around the problem, but without the file.....

Try Delete Face with the Heal option.

Can't you even post a screen shot

or

create a simple part that exhibits the same problem?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4

Hi! If I understand your request correctly, it sounds like Delete Face -> Heal mght help. Open the part -> Go to Surface section in the Ribbon -> Delete Face -> pick the filleted faces and check Heal option.

Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4

Hi Jd and John

thankyou for your input, delete face and heal works brilliantly 8-).

Jd, the reason I was unable to upload the file / jpeg was because it was a customers design file and I had to leave the office for the rest of the day so there was no time to construct an example.

I assumed my description was reasonably clear for the experts and it seems to of worked as the result id perfect 8-)

thanks for your help.

Regard adrian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report