Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstalling Inventor Help Needed

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
312 Views, 3 Replies

Reinstalling Inventor Help Needed

So my computer crashed earlier today and I had to a do a system restore. This caused windows to be restored to a time before I had installed inventor. 

So after trying to reinstall inventor, I keep getting the following error:

Capture.PNG

I've searched up previous threads in which people were getting this error and tried all of the trouble shooting. I still can't get this to work.

When I go into the director and search for this inventor.msi, it doesn't even exist. I am somehow missing it. Would this have anything to do with the fact that I'm trying to reinstall Inventor?

Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

can you restore to a point that it was installed?

Also what version of Windows ...might have to update all of that again too 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

I'm not sure if I am able to do that. I can look into it. I'm using windows 7 which is up to date from my knowledge.

I've read supposed solution steps to fixing this error, but that just involves turning off firewalls and antiviruses so that the program can access the msi file. However, the msi simply doesn't exist. I made sure everything was uninstalled before trying to reinstall.
Message 4 of 4
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

are you using a disc/usb or downloaded version

You might need to redownload it 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report