Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rectangular pattern tool not behaving as expected?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
VA3KAMA3
236 Views, 1 Reply

Rectangular pattern tool not behaving as expected?

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem where the rectangular pattern tool won't create the desired pattern of chain links.

I am working on a 3-row chain drive, and I would like to create the drive itself before adding the sprockets.

I followed this video step by step as I have no previous experience with Autodesk Inventor at all.

I have received the following result:

Inventor_hOvihVqfZz.png

I would like the chain links to be connected to each other and also follow the pattern I created for it.

I need to use 130 chain links in total.

I upload all the files I have for my project as attachments.

Any help to get to the desired result would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

István

Labels (5)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CCarreiras
in reply to: VA3KAMA3

Hi!

You have to set the direction 2 in the Pattern to follow the line.

CCarreiras_0-1696842829898.png

Anyway, it will be impossible to have a good result with the assembly you create:

The pattern will repeat the assembly you create along the line, but it will maintain the same "position" itself (orange arrows)...

How do you expect the assembly bend itself (red arc)?!!!! the assembly will nor bend...

Also the point pattern is not well planed, and the chain assembly is not well placed in the main assembly...

CCarreiras_1-1696843835491.png

You have to think in a new way to set the chain assembly, or... use the pattern in the lines and do it  manually in the curves.

Tip: If you are doing this just for fun, just use a simpler source chain, the chain you are trying to use will be to much difficult for your skills, you will find other things to do more pleasant than trying to build this.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report