Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sheet metal - sketches in flat pattern

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
472 Views, 1 Reply

Re: Sheet metal - sketches in flat pattern

Reference Post: Sheet metal sketches in flat pattern

hello thought i could post my flat pattern unconsumed sketch questions here since it seems that you guys have dabbled with the dxf export settings already.

Lately i have been trying to  do something similar as shown in the original questions above. I currently have a sheet metal component that i would like to export out with a secondary unconsumed sketch that must be available in a simple single line Text font for plasma/ water jet part marking purposes.

However when i go to export this sketch using the save as option my unconsumed sketch ends up moving from its placed location on the part upon export. The newly created dxf does not show the unconsumed sketch geometry in place of where it was originally placed inside of the flat pattern view. It does not seem to matter if i constraint the text box or not while in the flat pattern, nor does it change when i delete to original flat pattern creation and reelect the proper face to unfold ( which is the side that i have placed the unconsumed sketch upon).

Below are the files that i am referring too if any would please take a look at them and get them to look like the dxf. file named " perfect result dxf." that would very much help! Send me a Message if you want to talk privately, thanks!

kelly.young has removed your phone number for privacy

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
kelly.young
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous I see that you are visiting as a new member to the Inventor Forum.
Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Here's a brief screencast on how to go about getting your sketch exported with the letters.

There are a few other ways to do it but this is the easiest way I like to do it, hope that helps!

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report