Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Re-naming parts / assemblies

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
304 Views, 2 Replies

Re-naming parts / assemblies

I have noticed that sometimes when I re-name a part or assembly by using "save as", the file still does not seem to be renamed. So I edit the name of the file  (top of the browser) to rename it as well. Then when I go to find the file to insert it into an assembly, it is still named as it was before. How do I correctly rename a part so that there is no doubt the part has a new name. Sorry to sound confusing

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

name.JPG

changing this name here ...does NOTHING for the file's actually saved name...   

Are you using Vault or any other PLM?

Also if you are manually renaming the browser name, it won't update as you do as copy as. It'll have to be renamed manually again, or via Ilogic.     

For example, this could actually be called Reducer_Hose.ipt for a saved file name when you look for it... but be 7000389593-Schlauch reduziert-7000389593- in the browsers.  

Edited to add:   personally I hate the option of renaming it ...for exactly this reason. You're looking for one file name that you believe it to be and it's something else. Happens all the time at my work when I'm looking for a certain Machine via it's number ... ok rant over for now ...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report