Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about iProp Wizard

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
210 Views, 10 Replies

Question about iProp Wizard

I have set up the property list for all of the drawing types (iam,ipt,idw,ipn). It doesn't seem to me that these are being saved in the .ini files. I say this because the date for all the ini files is still 11/14/2003 and when I open any of them, I don't see anything that looks fimiliar. I searched my HD and there was only one occurance of each of these files. How do I save my settings in the ini files? Thanks, Kirk -- Inventor R8, sp1 Dell 4550 WinXP Pro P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G Quadro 900 XGL nVidia v6.14.10.4403 1280x1024, 32 bit
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The INI files do not store the property, alias or options settings. These are stored in the registry. The INI files simply provide the list items for each alias name. The help file explains how to add to them. Let me know if you need further assistance. -- Sean Dotson, PE Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Kirk A." wrote in message news:40227257_3@newsprd01... > I have set up the property list for all of the drawing types > (iam,ipt,idw,ipn). It doesn't seem to me that these are being saved in the > .ini files. I say this because the date for all the ini files is still > 11/14/2003 and when I open any of them, I don't see anything that looks > fimiliar. > > I searched my HD and there was only one occurance of each of these files. > > How do I save my settings in the ini files? > > Thanks, > Kirk > -- > Inventor R8, sp1 > Dell 4550 > WinXP Pro > P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G > Quadro 900 XGL > nVidia v6.14.10.4403 > 1280x1024, 32 bit > > >
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks, I will work on this later. Right now I have another problem. I get a runtime error. After I get this error, I have to close Inventor and restart in order for iProp Wizard to start again. I noticed this problem after I changed the configuration to "Create Custom Props if New". If I open a file that does not have any of the propertiese shown in RED, i.e., custom properties already exist, then I don't get a error, but if I open a file that is missing one of the custom properties, I get this error. Any ideas? Kirk "Sean Dotson" wrote in message news:40227623_1@newsprd01... > The INI files do not store the property, alias or options settings. These > are stored in the registry. > > The INI files simply provide the list items for each alias name. The help > file explains how to add to them. Let me know if you need further > assistance. > > -- > Sean Dotson, PE > Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert > http://www.sdotson.com > Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions > www.sdotson.com/faq.html > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > "Kirk A." wrote in message > news:40227257_3@newsprd01... > > I have set up the property list for all of the drawing types > > (iam,ipt,idw,ipn). It doesn't seem to me that these are being saved in > the > > .ini files. I say this because the date for all the ini files is still > > 11/14/2003 and when I open any of them, I don't see anything that looks > > fimiliar. > > > > I searched my HD and there was only one occurance of each of these files. > > > > How do I save my settings in the ini files? > > > > Thanks, > > Kirk > > -- > > Inventor R8, sp1 > > Dell 4550 > > WinXP Pro > > P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G > > Quadro 900 XGL > > nVidia v6.14.10.4403 > > 1280x1024, 32 bit > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Not sure. This error is sporadic. I've never gotten it but some people have. I've never been able to track it down.... :( -- Sean Dotson, PE Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Kirk A." wrote in message news:402285a8_1@newsprd01... > Thanks, I will work on this later. Right now I have another problem. I get > a runtime error. After I get this error, I have to close Inventor and > restart in order for iProp Wizard to start again. > > I noticed this problem after I changed the configuration to "Create Custom > Props if New". If I open a file that does not have any of the propertiese > shown in RED, i.e., custom properties already exist, then I don't get a > error, but if I open a file that is missing one of the custom properties, I > get this error. > > Any ideas? > > Kirk > > > "Sean Dotson" wrote in message > news:40227623_1@newsprd01... > > The INI files do not store the property, alias or options settings. These > > are stored in the registry. > > > > The INI files simply provide the list items for each alias name. The help > > file explains how to add to them. Let me know if you need further > > assistance. > > > > -- > > Sean Dotson, PE > > Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert > > http://www.sdotson.com > > Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions > > www.sdotson.com/faq.html > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > > news:40227257_3@newsprd01... > > > I have set up the property list for all of the drawing types > > > (iam,ipt,idw,ipn). It doesn't seem to me that these are being saved in > > the > > > .ini files. I say this because the date for all the ini files is still > > > 11/14/2003 and when I open any of them, I don't see anything that looks > > > fimiliar. > > > > > > I searched my HD and there was only one occurance of each of these > files. > > > > > > How do I save my settings in the ini files? > > > > > > Thanks, > > > Kirk > > > -- > > > Inventor R8, sp1 > > > Dell 4550 > > > WinXP Pro > > > P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G > > > Quadro 900 XGL > > > nVidia v6.14.10.4403 > > > 1280x1024, 32 bit > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

I think I know what is causing my problem now. If the"Create Custom Props if New" box is checked, iPropWizard is expecting a value to be entered in any of the property fields that are shown in RED. If I don't enter something (it can be any text) then I will get this error. Problem is, I don't always know what the correct value for the field when I run iPropWizard. If that is the case I have to enter a bogus value then enter the correct value later. I'm no programmer, but it seems that this could be fixed with some error trapping code. Thanks, Kirk "Sean Dotson" wrote in message news:40228d20$1_3@newsprd01... > Not sure. This error is sporadic. I've never gotten it but some people > have. I've never been able to track it down.... :( > > -- > Sean Dotson, PE > Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert > http://www.sdotson.com > Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions > www.sdotson.com/faq.html > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > "Kirk A." wrote in message > news:402285a8_1@newsprd01... > > Thanks, I will work on this later. Right now I have another problem. I > get > > a runtime error. After I get this error, I have to close Inventor and > > restart in order for iProp Wizard to start again. > > > > I noticed this problem after I changed the configuration to "Create Custom > > Props if New". If I open a file that does not have any of the propertiese > > shown in RED, i.e., custom properties already exist, then I don't get a > > error, but if I open a file that is missing one of the custom properties, > I > > get this error. > > > > Any ideas? > > > > Kirk > > > > > > "Sean Dotson" wrote in message > > news:40227623_1@newsprd01... > > > The INI files do not store the property, alias or options settings. > These > > > are stored in the registry. > > > > > > The INI files simply provide the list items for each alias name. The > help > > > file explains how to add to them. Let me know if you need further > > > assistance. > > > > > > -- > > > Sean Dotson, PE > > > Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert > > > http://www.sdotson.com > > > Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions > > > www.sdotson.com/faq.html > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > > > news:40227257_3@newsprd01... > > > > I have set up the property list for all of the drawing types > > > > (iam,ipt,idw,ipn). It doesn't seem to me that these are being saved > in > > > the > > > > .ini files. I say this because the date for all the ini files is still > > > > 11/14/2003 and when I open any of them, I don't see anything that > looks > > > > fimiliar. > > > > > > > > I searched my HD and there was only one occurance of each of these > > files. > > > > > > > > How do I save my settings in the ini files? > > > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > Kirk > > > > -- > > > > Inventor R8, sp1 > > > > Dell 4550 > > > > WinXP Pro > > > > P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G > > > > Quadro 900 XGL > > > > nVidia v6.14.10.4403 > > > > 1280x1024, 32 bit > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Ok, let me check on this... -- Sean Dotson, PE Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Kirk A." wrote in message news:40229425$1_1@newsprd01... > I think I know what is causing my problem now. > > If the"Create Custom Props if New" box is checked, iPropWizard is expecting > a value to be entered in any of the property fields that are shown in RED. > If I don't enter something (it can be any text) then I will get this error. > Problem is, I don't always know what the correct value for the field when I > run iPropWizard. If that is the case I have to enter a bogus value then > enter the correct value later. > > I'm no programmer, but it seems that this could be fixed with some error > trapping code. > > Thanks, > Kirk > > "Sean Dotson" wrote in message > news:40228d20$1_3@newsprd01... > > Not sure. This error is sporadic. I've never gotten it but some people > > have. I've never been able to track it down.... :( > > > > -- > > Sean Dotson, PE > > Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert > > http://www.sdotson.com > > Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions > > www.sdotson.com/faq.html > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > > news:402285a8_1@newsprd01... > > > Thanks, I will work on this later. Right now I have another problem. I > > get > > > a runtime error. After I get this error, I have to close Inventor and > > > restart in order for iProp Wizard to start again. > > > > > > I noticed this problem after I changed the configuration to "Create > Custom > > > Props if New". If I open a file that does not have any of the > propertiese > > > shown in RED, i.e., custom properties already exist, then I don't get a > > > error, but if I open a file that is missing one of the custom > properties, > > I > > > get this error. > > > > > > Any ideas? > > > > > > Kirk > > > > > > > > > "Sean Dotson" wrote in message > > > news:40227623_1@newsprd01... > > > > The INI files do not store the property, alias or options settings. > > These > > > > are stored in the registry. > > > > > > > > The INI files simply provide the list items for each alias name. The > > help > > > > file explains how to add to them. Let me know if you need further > > > > assistance. > > > > > > > > -- > > > > Sean Dotson, PE > > > > Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert > > > > http://www.sdotson.com > > > > Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions > > > > www.sdotson.com/faq.html > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > > > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > > > > news:40227257_3@newsprd01... > > > > > I have set up the property list for all of the drawing types > > > > > (iam,ipt,idw,ipn). It doesn't seem to me that these are being saved > > in > > > > the > > > > > .ini files. I say this because the date for all the ini files is > still > > > > > 11/14/2003 and when I open any of them, I don't see anything that > > looks > > > > > fimiliar. > > > > > > > > > > I searched my HD and there was only one occurance of each of these > > > files. > > > > > > > > > > How do I save my settings in the ini files? > > > > > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > Kirk > > > > > -- > > > > > Inventor R8, sp1 > > > > > Dell 4550 > > > > > WinXP Pro > > > > > P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G > > > > > Quadro 900 XGL > > > > > nVidia v6.14.10.4403 > > > > > 1280x1024, 32 bit > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

It was a bit more complicated than that but I fixed it. I could never get it to reproduce. Thanks Kirk... See the announcement (new post) for a new version to download... -- Sean Dotson, PE Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Kirk A." wrote in message news:40229425$1_1@newsprd01... > I think I know what is causing my problem now. > > If the"Create Custom Props if New" box is checked, iPropWizard is expecting > a value to be entered in any of the property fields that are shown in RED. > If I don't enter something (it can be any text) then I will get this error. > Problem is, I don't always know what the correct value for the field when I > run iPropWizard. If that is the case I have to enter a bogus value then > enter the correct value later. > > I'm no programmer, but it seems that this could be fixed with some error > trapping code. > > Thanks, > Kirk > > "Sean Dotson" wrote in message > news:40228d20$1_3@newsprd01... > > Not sure. This error is sporadic. I've never gotten it but some people > > have. I've never been able to track it down.... :( > > > > -- > > Sean Dotson, PE > > Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert > > http://www.sdotson.com > > Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions > > www.sdotson.com/faq.html > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > > news:402285a8_1@newsprd01... > > > Thanks, I will work on this later. Right now I have another problem. I > > get > > > a runtime error. After I get this error, I have to close Inventor and > > > restart in order for iProp Wizard to start again. > > > > > > I noticed this problem after I changed the configuration to "Create > Custom > > > Props if New". If I open a file that does not have any of the > propertiese > > > shown in RED, i.e., custom properties already exist, then I don't get a > > > error, but if I open a file that is missing one of the custom > properties, > > I > > > get this error. > > > > > > Any ideas? > > > > > > Kirk > > > > > > > > > "Sean Dotson" wrote in message > > > news:40227623_1@newsprd01... > > > > The INI files do not store the property, alias or options settings. > > These > > > > are stored in the registry. > > > > > > > > The INI files simply provide the list items for each alias name. The > > help > > > > file explains how to add to them. Let me know if you need further > > > > assistance. > > > > > > > > -- > > > > Sean Dotson, PE > > > > Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert > > > > http://www.sdotson.com > > > > Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions > > > > www.sdotson.com/faq.html > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > > > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > > > > news:40227257_3@newsprd01... > > > > > I have set up the property list for all of the drawing types > > > > > (iam,ipt,idw,ipn). It doesn't seem to me that these are being saved > > in > > > > the > > > > > .ini files. I say this because the date for all the ini files is > still > > > > > 11/14/2003 and when I open any of them, I don't see anything that > > looks > > > > > fimiliar. > > > > > > > > > > I searched my HD and there was only one occurance of each of these > > > files. > > > > > > > > > > How do I save my settings in the ini files? > > > > > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > Kirk > > > > > -- > > > > > Inventor R8, sp1 > > > > > Dell 4550 > > > > > WinXP Pro > > > > > P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G > > > > > Quadro 900 XGL > > > > > nVidia v6.14.10.4403 > > > > > 1280x1024, 32 bit > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Now THAT is a Hotfix. Thanks, Kirk "Sean Dotson" wrote in message news:40229e7b$1_2@newsprd01... > It was a bit more complicated than that but I fixed it. I could never get > it to reproduce. Thanks Kirk... > > See the announcement (new post) for a new version to download... > > -- > Sean Dotson, PE > Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert > http://www.sdotson.com > Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions > www.sdotson.com/faq.html > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > "Kirk A." wrote in message > news:40229425$1_1@newsprd01... > > I think I know what is causing my problem now. > > > > If the"Create Custom Props if New" box is checked, iPropWizard is > expecting > > a value to be entered in any of the property fields that are shown in RED. > > If I don't enter something (it can be any text) then I will get this > error. > > Problem is, I don't always know what the correct value for the field when > I > > run iPropWizard. If that is the case I have to enter a bogus value then > > enter the correct value later. > > > > I'm no programmer, but it seems that this could be fixed with some error > > trapping code. > > > > Thanks, > > Kirk > > > > "Sean Dotson" wrote in message > > news:40228d20$1_3@newsprd01... > > > Not sure. This error is sporadic. I've never gotten it but some people > > > have. I've never been able to track it down.... :( > > > > > > -- > > > Sean Dotson, PE > > > Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert > > > http://www.sdotson.com > > > Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions > > > www.sdotson.com/faq.html > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > > > news:402285a8_1@newsprd01... > > > > Thanks, I will work on this later. Right now I have another problem. > I > > > get > > > > a runtime error. After I get this error, I have to close Inventor and > > > > restart in order for iProp Wizard to start again. > > > > > > > > I noticed this problem after I changed the configuration to "Create > > Custom > > > > Props if New". If I open a file that does not have any of the > > propertiese > > > > shown in RED, i.e., custom properties already exist, then I don't get > a > > > > error, but if I open a file that is missing one of the custom > > properties, > > > I > > > > get this error. > > > > > > > > Any ideas? > > > > > > > > Kirk > > > > > > > > > > > > "Sean Dotson" wrote in message > > > > news:40227623_1@newsprd01... > > > > > The INI files do not store the property, alias or options settings. > > > These > > > > > are stored in the registry. > > > > > > > > > > The INI files simply provide the list items for each alias name. > The > > > help > > > > > file explains how to add to them. Let me know if you need further > > > > > assistance. > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > Sean Dotson, PE > > > > > Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert > > > > > http://www.sdotson.com > > > > > Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions > > > > > www.sdotson.com/faq.html > > > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > > > > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > > > > > news:40227257_3@newsprd01... > > > > > > I have set up the property list for all of the drawing types > > > > > > (iam,ipt,idw,ipn). It doesn't seem to me that these are being > saved > > > in > > > > > the > > > > > > .ini files. I say this because the date for all the ini files is > > still > > > > > > 11/14/2003 and when I open any of them, I don't see anything that > > > looks > > > > > > fimiliar. > > > > > > > > > > > > I searched my HD and there was only one occurance of each of these > > > > files. > > > > > > > > > > > > How do I save my settings in the ini files? > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > Kirk > > > > > > -- > > > > > > Inventor R8, sp1 > > > > > > Dell 4550 > > > > > > WinXP Pro > > > > > > P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G > > > > > > Quadro 900 XGL > > > > > > nVidia v6.14.10.4403 > > > > > > 1280x1024, 32 bit > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Service is my middle name (actually it's Sean but they both start with an "s") -- Sean Dotson, PE Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Kirk A." wrote in message news:4022a46d$1_2@newsprd01... > Now THAT is a Hotfix. > > Thanks, > Kirk > > "Sean Dotson" wrote in message > news:40229e7b$1_2@newsprd01... > > It was a bit more complicated than that but I fixed it. I could never get > > it to reproduce. Thanks Kirk... > > > > See the announcement (new post) for a new version to download... > > > > -- > > Sean Dotson, PE > > Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert > > http://www.sdotson.com > > Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions > > www.sdotson.com/faq.html > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > > news:40229425$1_1@newsprd01... > > > I think I know what is causing my problem now. > > > > > > If the"Create Custom Props if New" box is checked, iPropWizard is > > expecting > > > a value to be entered in any of the property fields that are shown in > RED. > > > If I don't enter something (it can be any text) then I will get this > > error. > > > Problem is, I don't always know what the correct value for the field > when > > I > > > run iPropWizard. If that is the case I have to enter a bogus value then > > > enter the correct value later. > > > > > > I'm no programmer, but it seems that this could be fixed with some error > > > trapping code. > > > > > > Thanks, > > > Kirk > > > > > > "Sean Dotson" wrote in message > > > news:40228d20$1_3@newsprd01... > > > > Not sure. This error is sporadic. I've never gotten it but some > people > > > > have. I've never been able to track it down.... :( > > > > > > > > -- > > > > Sean Dotson, PE > > > > Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert > > > > http://www.sdotson.com > > > > Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions > > > > www.sdotson.com/faq.html > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > > > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > > > > news:402285a8_1@newsprd01... > > > > > Thanks, I will work on this later. Right now I have another > problem. > > I > > > > get > > > > > a runtime error. After I get this error, I have to close Inventor > and > > > > > restart in order for iProp Wizard to start again. > > > > > > > > > > I noticed this problem after I changed the configuration to "Create > > > Custom > > > > > Props if New". If I open a file that does not have any of the > > > propertiese > > > > > shown in RED, i.e., custom properties already exist, then I don't > get > > a > > > > > error, but if I open a file that is missing one of the custom > > > properties, > > > > I > > > > > get this error. > > > > > > > > > > Any ideas? > > > > > > > > > > Kirk > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "Sean Dotson" wrote in > message > > > > > news:40227623_1@newsprd01... > > > > > > The INI files do not store the property, alias or options > settings. > > > > These > > > > > > are stored in the registry. > > > > > > > > > > > > The INI files simply provide the list items for each alias name. > > The > > > > help > > > > > > file explains how to add to them. Let me know if you need further > > > > > > assistance. > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > Sean Dotson, PE > > > > > > Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert > > > > > > http://www.sdotson.com > > > > > > Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions > > > > > > www.sdotson.com/faq.html > > > > > > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > > > > > > news:40227257_3@newsprd01... > > > > > > > I have set up the property list for all of the drawing types > > > > > > > (iam,ipt,idw,ipn). It doesn't seem to me that these are being > > saved > > > > in > > > > > > the > > > > > > > .ini files. I say this because the date for all the ini files is > > > still > > > > > > > 11/14/2003 and when I open any of them, I don't see anything > that > > > > looks > > > > > > > fimiliar. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I searched my HD and there was only one occurance of each of > these > > > > > files. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > How do I save my settings in the ini files? > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > > Kirk > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > Inventor R8, sp1 > > > > > > > Dell 4550 > > > > > > > WinXP Pro > > > > > > > P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G > > > > > > > Quadro 900 XGL > > > > > > > nVidia v6.14.10.4403 > > > > > > > 1280x1024, 32 bit > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Just a thought here. Have Autodesk hire you and Kent and Charles and a few other superstars in here and get some major @$$kicking done on this package finally. Anybody agree? -- "Sean Dotson" wrote in message news:4022a6ed$1_2@newsprd01... > Service is my middle name (actually it's Sean but they both start with an > "s") > > -- > Sean Dotson, PE > Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert > http://www.sdotson.com > Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions > www.sdotson.com/faq.html > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > "Kirk A." wrote in message > news:4022a46d$1_2@newsprd01... > > Now THAT is a Hotfix. > > > > Thanks, > > Kirk > > > > "Sean Dotson" wrote in message > > news:40229e7b$1_2@newsprd01... > > > It was a bit more complicated than that but I fixed it. I could never > get > > > it to reproduce. Thanks Kirk... > > > > > > See the announcement (new post) for a new version to download... > > > > > > -- > > > Sean Dotson, PE > > > Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert > > > http://www.sdotson.com > > > Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions > > > www.sdotson.com/faq.html > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > > > news:40229425$1_1@newsprd01... > > > > I think I know what is causing my problem now. > > > > > > > > If the"Create Custom Props if New" box is checked, iPropWizard is > > > expecting > > > > a value to be entered in any of the property fields that are shown in > > RED. > > > > If I don't enter something (it can be any text) then I will get this > > > error. > > > > Problem is, I don't always know what the correct value for the field > > when > > > I > > > > run iPropWizard. If that is the case I have to enter a bogus value > then > > > > enter the correct value later. > > > > > > > > I'm no programmer, but it seems that this could be fixed with some > error > > > > trapping code. > > > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > Kirk > > > > > > > > "Sean Dotson" wrote in message > > > > news:40228d20$1_3@newsprd01... > > > > > Not sure. This error is sporadic. I've never gotten it but some > > people > > > > > have. I've never been able to track it down.... :( > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > Sean Dotson, PE > > > > > Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert > > > > > http://www.sdotson.com > > > > > Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions > > > > > www.sdotson.com/faq.html > > > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > > > > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > > > > > news:402285a8_1@newsprd01... > > > > > > Thanks, I will work on this later. Right now I have another > > problem. > > > I > > > > > get > > > > > > a runtime error. After I get this error, I have to close Inventor > > and > > > > > > restart in order for iProp Wizard to start again. > > > > > > > > > > > > I noticed this problem after I changed the configuration to > "Create > > > > Custom > > > > > > Props if New". If I open a file that does not have any of the > > > > propertiese > > > > > > shown in RED, i.e., custom properties already exist, then I don't > > get > > > a > > > > > > error, but if I open a file that is missing one of the custom > > > > properties, > > > > > I > > > > > > get this error. > > > > > > > > > > > > Any ideas? > > > > > > > > > > > > Kirk > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "Sean Dotson" wrote in > > message > > > > > > news:40227623_1@newsprd01... > > > > > > > The INI files do not store the property, alias or options > > settings. > > > > > These > > > > > > > are stored in the registry. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > The INI files simply provide the list items for each alias nam e. > > > The > > > > > help > > > > > > > file explains how to add to them. Let me know if you need > further > > > > > > > assistance. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > Sean Dotson, PE > > > > > > > Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert > > > > > > > http://www.sdotson.com > > > > > > > Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions > > > > > > > www.sdotson.com/faq.html > > > > > > > > > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > > > > > > > news:40227257_3@newsprd01... > > > > > > > > I have set up the property list for all of the drawing types > > > > > > > > (iam,ipt,idw,ipn). It doesn't seem to me that these are being > > > saved > > > > > in > > > > > > > the > > > > > > > > .ini files. I say this because the date for all the ini files > is > > > > still > > > > > > > > 11/14/2003 and when I open any of them, I don't see anything > > that > > > > > looks > > > > > > > > fimiliar. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I searched my HD and there was only one occurance of each of > > these > > > > > > files. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > How do I save my settings in the ini files? > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > > > Kirk > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > > Inventor R8, sp1 > > > > > > > > Dell 4550 > > > > > > > > WinXP Pro > > > > > > > > P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G > > > > > > > > Quadro 900 XGL > > > > > > > > nVidia v6.14.10.4403 > > > > > > > > 1280x1024, 32 bit > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

No way, they would then be under Marketing Managers directives. And we know how that has worked for the user community the past few years. :~)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report