Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

project style library

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
583 Views, 10 Replies

project style library

I am having a problem with my project style library.  I can't get the part list in the BOM template to shown what I want when I open it.  Every article I can find says I just have to change my use library style from read only to read write.  As you can see on the attachment, I don't have that option.  Is there a command or something to check off to get the read write command on the Use Style Library to function?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

You have an old Inventor version which had these options.  So READ-WRITE is the same as "YES"  Smiley Very Happy

But I don't think you need to do this..

"I can't get the part list in the BOM template to shown what I want when I open it."  Can you explain what you mean?  Have you set your objects default (style) for your part list to the parts list style that you want?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi
I added two columns to the parts list for a bom. I also made a new template called BOM. I drop in the assembly and when I click on parts list, I still get the standard parts list with all the old settings. I also made a new bom parts list in the styles editor. Any advice would be appreciated.
Message 4 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Did you modify the out of box parts list style or did you create a new one and give it a different name?  Also when you start the (new) drawing from your template are you getting a styles conflict message?

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

I created a new bom parts list by copying parts list (ansi) to parts list (ansi)(bom). I am not getting a styles conflict message. It just downloads the stand parts list. If I purge all the parts lists styles in the template but leave the parts list bom, will that work and will it affect the other templates?
Message 6 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Have you defined your object default to tell Inventor what parts list to use?

2017-11-10_11-28-01.jpg

Update:  You may have another OBJ DEF, I'm just providing the image as a reference.  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Probably not. I hate to sound ignorant, but usually someone has already set the program up. Can you please tell me how and I will do it. The version I have is 10.

Thanks
Message 8 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Inventor release 10 is way to long ago and I don't remember what it looked like..  Bring up your styles editor and look for obj def.

Mark Lancaster

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

I found it but nothing is working. I'll keep working it and hopefully I'll get lucky and something with work.
Thanks for your time
Message 10 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

When you start a parts list, what does it state for standard..

2017-11-10_12-49-39.jpg  I know you have an older version of Inventor but you need to look and see.

Mark Lancaster

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

I deleted the part list I made and modified the listed part list. That seems to have done it. Thank you for helping me through this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report