Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems With Crashing - Sketch Inferences

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
gareth.butlerS9R7M
330 Views, 6 Replies

Problems With Crashing - Sketch Inferences

Hi All,

I seem to be having issues when editing some part sketch files. The problem occurs when editing a sketch block and trying to draw a line or arc.

Initially the command works as intended but as soon as the fine dotted inference lines appear when the mouse is dragged, Inventor hangs or completely exits.

I have tried both hardware graphics and software graphics with no change (software graphics even worse, understandably)

I have also changed the inference, persist and constraint settings, again to no avail.

I've copied and pasted the block in to a new file just in case the sketch / block is corrupt. No change.

I have also updated the NVIDIA graphics driver to the certified one for the Quadro P2200 and Inventor 2025.

Attached is a video showing the issue, the file in question (although it is not the only one to do this) and the diagnostics report for the graphics.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks 😀

Gareth

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
3DAli
in reply to: gareth.butlerS9R7M

Hi @gareth.butlerS9R7M ,

I tried the same thing and could not duplicate the issue you are facing, can you confirm the version and point release of your Inventor? Are there any outstanding updates?

Signature_Small
Message 3 of 7

Hi! Please install 2025.0.1 update. It may have been fixed there.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 7
gareth.butlerS9R7M
in reply to: 3DAli

@3DAli 

Autodesk Inventor 2025, Build 162, Release: 2025.0.1 – Date: Mon 05/13/2024

64-Bit Edition

All up to date as far as I can see.

Message 5 of 7
gareth.butlerS9R7M
in reply to: 3DAli

@johnsonshiue 

Autodesk Inventor 2025, Build 162, Release: 2025.0.1 – Date: Mon 05/13/2024

64-Bit Edition

Already installed

Message 6 of 7

To add to this, the DXF was created by hand tracing the spanner outline and scanning on a photocopier to PDF format. The PDF was then imported in to CorelDRAW Version 24.5.0.731 - September 2023 release. Text is imported as text and not curves.

It was then converted to a 1-bit black and white Bitmap and centreline traced using the CorelDRAW software. This is then exported out to DXF file format exporting curves as splines and not polycurves as per export settings attached. Finally, the DXF is opened in Inventor 2025 using the import settings attached.

Note that other files have been created in the exact same way and do not seem to exhibit the crashing issue.

Reviewing the original video I posted again, it looks as if the crash is triggered when the inference lines appear and then a spline node is hovered over (notice the crash as the node highlights green)

Message 7 of 7

Hi Garth,

Please send me an email johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to find the crash reports you submitted.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report