Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with BOM for iAssembly with iParts

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Colbjørn
760 Views, 3 Replies

Problems with BOM for iAssembly with iParts

Hi.

I'm unable to display the correct Quantity for the iAssembly members in the drawing (idw) part list for Parts with length as quantity. Any help would be much appreciated.

iAssembly BOM:

In the BOM for the iAssembly the information is displayed, correct.

Item 79 is a Part with quantity assigned as length

Item 80-96 is an iPart with quantity assigned as length

BOM.PNG

Assigning the iAssembly member to a Item in Vault, gives the correct quantity data.

(This is member 9 in the iAssembly)

Item.png

But when I'm setting the Part list to display iAssembly member 9 the correct Quantity is not displaying in the Part list.

Part List.PNG

The inventor version I'm running:

Inventor.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Colbjørn

Hi! Without seeing the actual files, it is hard to tell where the exact problem is. Try this and see if it makes a difference. Start a new assembly, place the iAssembly member in the assembly. Go to BOM table -> enable PartOnly tab. Is the quantity correct there?

Please feel free to share the files here or send them (zipped) to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
Colbjørn
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi.

I found the source to the problem. Limit Quantity under the Assembly Filter menu is the problem.

Apparently the Assembly representation for each of iAssembly members are not updated during the file generation from the iAssembly Factory file for each of the member files. 

Note.

The assembly representations are not set to locked  in my iAssembly. Manually going to each member in the iAssembly will update the iAssembly representation, but I'm unable to transfer this information to each of the individually iAssembly members.

Limit Qty turned ON under Assembly filter.

Part list Error.PNG

Limit Qty turned OFF under Assembly filter.

Part list OK.PNG

Message 4 of 4
Colbjørn
in reply to: Colbjørn

Hi.
Looking closer into the quantity for all the parts, the problem is not isolated to the parts or iparts with length.

The Limit Quantity to Visible Parts function is broken for all parts in the iAssembly members, problem found in Inventor version 2019.4.5 and 2019.4.6.

The quantity you see in the Part list is always according to the iAssembly member that was last active.

Would be nice if someone can confirm the function working for any newer versions of Inventor.

Note.
You can go into each of the iAssembly member files and break link to the iAssembly Factory file.
Solves the problem if you don't have to update the member files anymore.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report