Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Section Participation removing hidden lines but not hatching

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tjoos1
397 Views, 4 Replies

Problem with Section Participation removing hidden lines but not hatching

I am having an issue with the section participation showing hatching that should be removed in inventor 2019.

If I choose a part that has parts inside of it and change the section participation of the outer part to none, it changes that parts participation and removes parts that would be hidden inside of it.  But the hatch remains for those inside parts.  We recently changed from inventor 2016 which did not have this issue.  Is there a setting I am missing or is this a bug?

Inventor 2019.2

Windows 10

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tjoos1
in reply to: tjoos1

We figured out my issue with the hatching not being removed.  If you change the view to raster then switch it back to precise everything shows properly.

Message 3 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! Although it is fixed by switching to Raster and back to Precise, it still sounds like a bug to me. If you can reproduce it from scratch, please let us know.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 5
tjoos1
in reply to: johnsonshiue

One of our electrical designers had it happen then I reproduced it a different assembly.  I have included 2 screen shots.  The one shows the pulley in section and the other shows the pulley not sectioned and the hatch lines remaining from the parts underneath.  This appears only to effect parts that are completely hidden beneath the part that is removed from section.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tom Joos

Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi Tom,

Many thanks for sharing the images! Could you share the files here? Do you still have the files in such state?

Thanks again!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report