Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with colors

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
761 Views, 8 Replies

Problem with colors

Hi everybody,

i have a question - I try to fill faces with some colours- if the thing that i try to fill with colour i 3D there is no problem (as with this red tube in the middle). But in case of surfaces the colours are not continuous (as in the attached picture). I guess that this must be some rendering problem.

I would be very grateful for any help.

maciej

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Rob67ert
in reply to: Anonymous

The face you like to give color, is that a extrusion in you part?
Robert

If you find this reply helpful ? It would be nice if you use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Rob67ert

@Rob67ert wrote:
The face you like to give color, is that a extrusion in you part?

Hey Robert, yes this is an extrusion of solid in other solid.

Message 4 of 9
mcgyvr

please attach the ipt file..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 9
Rob67ert

Make a hole in the big part.
The problem now is that the parts intersect.
Robert

If you find this reply helpful ? It would be nice if you use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Robert, you mean instead of the solid extrusion i should make a hole? But the thing is that i need a solid there.

Here is the ipt.

Message 7 of 9
mcgyvr

Since you used multiple solid bodies and didn't put a hole in the part (extrusion 1) that the red and blue cylinders go into you have 2 faces in the same xyz space/plane.. One has a red color.. one has a gray color... So the software is "confused"..

The first solution would be to remove the material in extrusion 1 that extrusion 2 is taking up.. (aka put 2 holes in extrusion 1.. just like real life you can't put a cylinder into a cylinder unless there is a hole for that cylinder to fit/slide into)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 9
Rob67ert

I see it is only one part.
The trick is that if 2 faces are at the same level you get this render problem.
If you make extrusion2 just a little extend (0,001mm) out of the part, it will be solved.

I can do it for you, but i work with 2017.
Robert

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

many thanks guys!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report