Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Inventor 2020 with customized buttons for VBA Macros

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
AW-WIFO
1498 Views, 9 Replies

Problem Inventor 2020 with customized buttons for VBA Macros

I have some problems with customized buttons for VBA Macros in Inventor 2020.

Every time I have closed Inventor and restart it they have disappeared from the Tools-tab and the Quick access toolbar.

I have to manually add them every (re)start of Inventor, by going to: Tools -> Customize -> Ribbon -> Un-check and Re-check one of the check-boxes in the right column.

Why they won't show up automatically?

With previous versions of Inventor (2019, 2018, etc.) we didn't have any problems with this

and the code behind it didn't change at all.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Vitalla
in reply to: AW-WIFO

I'm having the same issue as we are just migrating from 2018, have you found any solution to this?

Message 3 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: Vitalla

@Vitalla wrote:

I'm having the same issue as we are just migrating from 2018, have you found any solution to this?

@Vitalla  Are you able to make other "non-macro" related changes to the ribbon UI? Can you just add any normal button to the quick access toolbar and have it not disappear?

This could be permissions related. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 10
Vitalla
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvrYes,  other items such as iProperties seem to stay when I reopen inventor. I will look into permissions.

Thanks

Message 5 of 10
Vitalla

We had Inventor Version 2020.1 installed. Once we applied the updates to version 2020.2.1  this problem went away and all the macros showed up & stayed.

Message 6 of 10
BG_Ammel

We're have the same issue and updating the versions did not help; now at 2020.1.1.  Still have the same issue. 

Message 7 of 10
BG_Ammel
in reply to: AW-WIFO

Issue is solved by creating custom Icons for the Macros.

Describe in this posting:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/no-customicon-to-vba-macro-button/td-p/9061649

Works every time now with the custom Icons.  Macros without custom Icons will not reload when the application restarts.

Message 8 of 10
Bert_Bimmel
in reply to: BG_Ammel

This is not a solution, it's a workaround.

Doesn't work for me: My macro-buttons won't show up at all, respectively, they show up, and one instant later, they're gone again. On my colleague's workstation Inventor crashes when trying to show them.

So what now?

Message 9 of 10
Vitalla
in reply to: Bert_Bimmel

@Bert_Bimmel 

Are you on version 2020.2.2 ?

Per https://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2020/ENU/?guid=Inventor_ReleaseNotes_Updates_2020_2_fixed_bug...

The last item on version two release:
"Resolved issue where text on customized ribbon commands was missing and the order was reversed. INVGEN-26616"

I believe this is what was causing the issues, so when I went from 2020.1.1 to 2020.2.1 we applied the fixes from 2020.2.

Message 10 of 10
Bert_Bimmel

@Vitalla 

Nope, My version was 2020.2. Now its 2020.2.2

Works now, although it apparently had nothing to do with the mentioned bugfix (i.e. the description did not really match my symptoms, plus this bugfix had already been installed)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report