Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Installing Inventor 2012 32 bit on Windows 10 64 bit

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
wkafriyie
3548 Views, 4 Replies

Problem Installing Inventor 2012 32 bit on Windows 10 64 bit

My inventor 2012 32 bit worked fine when I was using win 7 32 bit.

I have now changed to win 10 64 bit.

I know win 10 64 bit can take both 64bit and x86 software.

My inventor 32 bit is not able not able to install again.

I need help.

kelly.young has edited your post for clarity: problem instaling inventor 2012 32bit on windows 10 64 bit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: wkafriyie

@wkafriyie

Inventor 2010 is not supported under Windows 10 and will most likely not install.  Even if it did install, it will not work.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 5

Inventor 2012 should work on either 32 or 64bit windows 10 - see this related forum topic:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/autodesk-inventor-2012-does-not-run-on-windows...

I'd go 64bit but you can't install 32bit Inventor on a 64bit OS. You have to install 2012 SP2 after you've installed the base Inventor 2012.

You will likely need to manually install .net3.5 & perhaps 4.5 before the installer will run though.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

I have made Inventor 2012 work for the last two years on a laptop with Windows 10 already installed.

You have to uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 before trying to install Inventor. The setup will try to install it and will stop if it is already there. 

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Addendum to my previous post.

When installing Inventor 2012, You also need to download and install the SP2 and its Hotfixes, then the Hotfix DL22506876 for Windows 8.1. 

If you don't do this, Inventor will not run. 

I had to do this yesterday to install my copy of Inventor on my new working station. It is running good now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report