Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
554 Views, 5 Replies

Printing

Hi, i was wondering where the print window is in Inventor, in autocad i use this facility to print maybe a drilling template, using 1:1 scale, or if i need to use 1:1 in my inventor template how do i get the area i want into the template, im sure there must be a very simple explaination for this

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

Current

crr.JPG

zoom to the area you want ...preview it ..

HOWEVER make sure you unclick it.  

I can't count how many times I forgot to go back to Best Fit ..

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
mcgyvr

There is no "print window" in Inventor..

I posted about this a couple days ago but can't find the post now..

What you do is place your view 1:1 scale (on whatever size sheet it fits 1:1)

Then print and select "Model 1:1" and check the "tiling enabled"

Note: tiling enabled is only required when "for example" your part requires an 11 x 17 paper and your printer only has 8 1/2 x 11 paper..

More info here

http://blogs.rand.com/manufacturing/2013/09/inventor-full-size-plot-on-small-format-printer.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi, i think i need to explain my self a little better, say for instant i have a fabrication 30 metres wide and on that fab i have a several small holes that i want a drilling template ( scale 1:1 )  is it possible to print that small area at 1:1 in inventor ? thanks for your patience guys

Message 5 of 6
mdavis22569

you'll need the view to be 1:1 also ...

or know the scale ...and scan it back in scaling it up or down ... 

playing with trouble there.

Why not create a View Rep of the one you want, make a new sheet ...create a view, crop it if needed,  making/keeping it 1:1 and plot just that page/view

at least then you know 100% you have it right vs trying the othe ways

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hello Everyone,

I want to make some 3D printing, so I took assistance from airways printing. Can you let me know how they turned out, as any sort of help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report