Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presentations mess up when editing assemblies

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mjt_16
51 Views, 1 Reply

Presentations mess up when editing assemblies

Hi,

I am trying to make an exploded view for an assembly, and did so successfully, but after completing it I decided to edit the assembly. When I added the new parts to the assembly the exploded view that I created in presentation mode was messed up; some of the parts were skewed and not in the right spot. I deleted the new parts from the assembly, the the presentation was still messed up. The presentation has multiple storyboards on it and the one that is messed up was created from the end of the one before it, could that be what is causing the problem? I would greatly appreciate any help or guidance as to how to resolve this issue.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnsonshiue
in reply to: mjt_16

Hi! This is probably either a corruption bug or a limitation. There is a reason that a snapshot can only be associative Design View Rep but not to  Model State (LOD) and Pos Rep. It is because Model State and Pos Rep can change components' position, which can lead to overrides of overrides.

Though some users try to force the associativity by resolving to the assembly in a different Model State or Pos Rep, this can lead to corruption.

Model State and Pos Rep provide the initial position of the components to be tweaked. Once the tweaks are added, the snapshot will be irrelevant to the Model State or Pos Rep.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report