Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polycarbonate Smoke

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
709 Views, 4 Replies

Polycarbonate Smoke

I am using Inventor 2014.  I have a part that I want to change the material to Polycarbonate-Smoked.  However, the color comes out black rather than the beige smoke color it normally does.

I deleted the material from the Document Materials and deleted the color from Document Appearances.  When I try to add the material back from the Material Library, I get a message that said "A material or appearance with the same name exists in this document.  The local copy with this document will be used.  

Inventor then gives me the material but with the black color.  If I try to edit the color from the Inventor Material Library,  it brings up a black custom color rather than the Polycarbonate-Smoked color.  Also I cannot delete the black custom color.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
melvin.valverde.delgado
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi cadcamm99,

If the material has been modified the ideal is to return it to its default. 

You can do this replacing your current library with the one attached. Please be aware that any Custom Material will be deleted. To avoid this please check the following article:

Migrate Color Styles to Appearances and Migrate Material Styles to Materials

The attached file should replace your current InventorMaterialLibrary.adsklib in the following path: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Design Data\Materials 

I hope this information helps you.

Melvin Valverde
Autodesk Technical Support
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Actually, It didn't work.  The colors still come in incorrect.  The Polycarbonate-Smoke still looks solid instead of smoked and so does the Polycarbonate-Clear.  It seems like the smoke properties do not work anymore.  It was working fine before but now I am not sure why it does not work anymore.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Here is what it looked like before and here is what it looks like now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report