Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Level Plan View

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ben.powell
425 Views, 4 Replies

Point Level Plan View

Hi. Does anyone know how to add point levels to an assembly that is in 'plan view'?

Attached is an image of what I currently have.

The issue is that these 4 levels are manual inputted text and not the actual levels from my datum plane.

I'd prefer them to be the actual point levels so that they update if my parts alter in any way.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mflayler
in reply to: ben.powell

Couple things you can try but lets start here...

The Datum levels in your design...are they controlled by Dimensional Offsets of Work Planes?

If Yes, then you can link the values from the model into your annotations.  Just make sure you give the parameters a name in the modeling file so can easily locate them in your text box...

Unfortunately there is no control to do this in a Feature Control Frame or Rectangle Balloon so you would have to do a Leader to accommodate your GDT Position.

If you had a view besides Plan (like the Front view) its an obvious dimension.  I assume space is the issue here.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 5
ben.powell

The levels that are shown are physical heights/levels of parts that are wishing my assembly/design. I have them dimensioned on a section view on another page (using Ordinate Set) but need them dimensioning on the plan view shown as well. I think your linking the heights from the model to the annotations may work. I will have to try when I am back in the office tomorrow. Thanks.
Message 4 of 5
ben.powell

*within
Message 5 of 5
ben.powell
in reply to: mflayler

Didn't work.

I think that it is the 'Datum Target - Point' that I want to use but there are no videos/tutorials showing how to use this properly.

Most other commands can be learnt from the discussion board or from videos.

But I cannot find anything showing how to do point levels in Inventor sadly.

Anymore help would be much appreciated 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report