Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place large number of parts in an assembly

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mjc_design
398 Views, 3 Replies

Place large number of parts in an assembly

Hi

I have 50 part files sat in my workspace that i want to drop into a new assembly (grounded at the origin) - does anyone know how i can quickly do this without doing it one at a time?

Thanks in advance

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mdavis22569
in reply to: mjc_design

Please clarify your post a bit more:

You have 50 part files that are in a .sat?  

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: mjc_design

Well you can place multiple parts into an assembly at one time by ctrl+ selecting them..

Or drag/drop from explorer..

Then on the assemble tab there is the "productivity" pane which has a function called "ground and root" component but it only works on one part at a time..

But with 50 pcs it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to insert/ground/root all parts..

If you have to do this whole process multiple times/every day,etc.. then you may be able to create an ilogic rule to perform the ground/root on all parts in an assembly..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 4
mjc_design
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

Well you can place multiple parts into an assembly at one time by ctrl+ selecting them..

Or drag/drop from explorer..

Then on the assemble tab there is the "productivity" pane which has a function called "ground and root" component but it only works on one part at a time..

But with 50 pcs it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to insert/ground/root all parts..

If you have to do this whole process multiple times/every day,etc.. then you may be able to create an ilogic rule to perform the ground/root on all parts in an assembly..

Thx mcgyvr.

I'd used make components from a large multi-body part, but forgot to save the new assembly i created. This meant i had a load of part files sat there but no assembly. I had no idead you could place multiple parts as easily as that!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report