Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinned projects self-unpinning

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RichardCizik7701
312 Views, 2 Replies

Pinned projects self-unpinning

Currently running Inventor Pro 2018 and have been noticing pinned files becoming unpinned without my input.  I.E. A file is in the Pinned section of the `Recent Document' section of the home page when I exit, next time I run Inventor the file is now in the Unpinned section. 

Why is this happening?  Sometimes it will happen the daily next time it will be a few days later and it is not always the same file.  Is there some type of timer, between when it gets pinned and auto-unpinned.  It has happened to files that I worked on the day before and on ones that I haven't touched for a month.

Rich C.

P.S. I think this may have been happening in inventor 2017 also but never got around to posting.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Richard,

This is first time to hear this.

Have you switch project during Pinned and unpinned period? Is there any details you can remember for the operation during that period.

Thanks!

Xun
Message 3 of 3

@RichardCizik7701

This usually means that your Inventor profile/registry entry is corrupted, messed up or you don't have the proper permission to write to it.  Or the registry information is being reset once your machine is restarted.

This pinned info is located here HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion<version #>\Recent File List\PinedFile<#>

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report