Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF export problem

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1608 Views, 4 Replies

PDF export problem

Hi everyone,

I got this minor issue which bothers me a lot. When I export an inventor drawing to PDF and open it in Adobe Reader it always shows the message "The font 'LucidaSans' contains bad /Widths." I can't find any options that might fix this. Exports from AutoCAD are no problem at all. Anyone had this problem and knows a solution?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

I noticed a long time ago the issue you are talking, but in a different text font, a code bar font. Also the pdf left some spaces betwen code bar characters, unnable the code bar reader machines to recognize that properlly. Also if i translate to dwg it works well.

Also, if i print to PDF, it translate the fonts well, so, is not a impossibilty to work, it's only i thing that they dont want spend some hours to solve the issue

Every year, for every version, i have open cases in Autodesk support to alert about this question, but i haven't got any answer from them so far...

You can also open a case in Autodesk support, maybe with more cases open about same subject, maybe they will make something to solve that.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thanks a lot mate! Print to PDF is the way to go then at the moment. I'll contact support about the issue, maybe something happens.

Message 4 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Please DO...

And i tell you why...

I have some iLogic systems, ready to change configurations on the fly, and drawings ready to go to the shop floor in one click, but due this issue, i can't use automation to produce all the PDF in one step due this bad font translation, and this is really... really annoying.

Maybe some day you will need the same, and the option of saving one pdf at the time may become a bad solution for you too.

Lets ask to correct this.... averybodyyyyy,let's ask!!! 🙂

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: CCarreiras

@CCarreiras wrote:

Lets ask to correct this.... averybodyyyyy,let's ask!!! 🙂

Inventor IdeaStation...

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2016 R3 SP1 Update 1
Vault Basic 2016 SP1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
Autodesk_Inventor_Certified_Professional_Badge.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report