Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paste special table cut off

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
bwang-tecoustics
7966 Views, 26 Replies

Paste special table cut off

When I try to insert a table from excel using paste special. It spears that if the table is wider than a certain length, it will be cut off automatically. Why is this happen? Or there is a fix for this?

TABLE.png

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27

Can I install it on Windows 7? Also, can you paste a link to that update? Or, it's an update from Microsoft?

Message 22 of 27

OK, I just checked my AutoCAD. When I use paste special, it shows paste as Windows Excel Worksheet. So, that means you can do something to fix this problem for Windows 7 users. Please do.

TABLE3.png

Message 23 of 27
mcgyvr
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

@Xun.Zhang wrote:

Hi All,

Yes, the root cause is Paste as Ts. The problem should be resolved with the Windows 10 Creators Update (1709).

More, please refer to -

Pasting Excel table Shows Ts when using Paste Special

Paste Special of Excel tables 

Thanks!

@Xun.Zhang Thats interesting.. Has that been an issue for "years" with Microsoft.. I remember "Ts" being like that for a long time now in Inventor (far longer than Windows 10 has been out).. 

I just contacted IT to have them push that update to me but I know for sure that I've had this same problem for as long as I've been using Inventor (back to R8 I think) as I've always had this same problem and have posted about it in this forum for a long time..

If so I'm happy that its "finally" fixed.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 24 of 27
bwang-tecoustics
in reply to: mcgyvr

For clarification, the screenshot I pasted was in AutoCAD 2016. In 2018 it does show as Ts. Does this mean AutoCAD 2016 is better than 2018? 🙂

Message 25 of 27
mcgyvr

The Win10 creators update seems to "fixed" the issues so far..

I can now paste excel tables that I have never been able to before into Inventor without them getting truncated.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 26 of 27
Xun.Zhang

@mcgyvr,

Thank you for confirmation!

Xun
Message 27 of 27

Would it be possible you do a patch for windows 7 users, or we have to upgrade to windows 10?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report