Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paste Special of Excel tables

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1256 Views, 2 Replies

Paste Special of Excel tables

I been having an issue with editing and pasting excel cells in my .idw files.  I had Inventor 2016 before and it will allow me to paste and edit with ease and it will allow me to save the link as "Microsoft Excel Worksheet".  But with Inventor 2017 the application will not respond when I try to edit a previous link file and will also only allow me to save it as a "Ts" file.  Are my settings off, please help.  Snap shot attached.

Thanks,

Robbie Nguyen

Paste Special.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

In 2017 I can select/copy from Excel and when i do a "paste special" I have the same "Paste As" options with "TS" being the default one..

I'm not sure what "TS" really is but I am able to paste that just fine into a drawing sheet and it seems to function how it did in previous releases..

I can also right click on that and "edit" it to make changes..

When I try to edit an excel spreadsheet that was pasted (paste special) in a previous release I do get an error..

When I first opened the drawing I got a message about 1 OLE link is inconsistent.. 

Then when I tried to edit it I get this..

failtolaunch.PNG

And if I try to "Change Source" by pointing it at the excel file again that doesn't work either.. (Error message says "Invalid Source: Would you like to correct it")

The original source was an xls file (not xlsx) not sure if that matters.. Maybe they don't support xls format anymore.. 

BUT I can open the original source in Excel and copy/paste special again and everything seems to work just fine after doing that.. Not sure why I'm not able to work with what was already pasted in a previous release

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi, 

Just a quick update, selecting "Ts" is no different from selecting "Microsoft Excel Worksheet". The problem should be resolved with the Windows 10 Creators Update (1709).

More, please refer to -

Pasting Excel table Shows Ts when using Paste Special

Thanks!

Xun

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report