Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paste keeps moving

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
319 Views, 4 Replies

paste keeps moving

I am having an issue with the paste function in Inventor. 

A common workflow for me is to copy an IPT and paste into and iam.  I can find the paste selection in one of 3 places but it keeps moving.  I can find it by right clicking in the model space(#3 in picture), empty space in the browser (#2 in picture) or on the top assembly file in the browser(#1 in picture).  It seems to jump from place to place.  I do make sure that i dont have anything selected before i try and paste, and i copy the part from where i have indicated in the second picture. 

Does anyone else have this issue?  any suggestions on what i am doing wrong?

Thank you,

Frank

2017-08-08-0.PNG

2017-08-08-1.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm really not understanding your question/problem here..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
kennyj

Hi @Anonymous,

I just tried it on my 2017 Pro and I could only get the Paste option in the assembly window - it wasn't an option in the browser tree (2) or at the file name at the top of the tree (1).

Your workflow isn't my flow; I tend to use the CTRL+V to paste and I tend to place components instead of copy/pasting them.  But I do copy / paste the parts within the assembly file, but the paste only shows up in the general area where I want to place the part.

I tried copying from remote file, files not already in the assembly, and files already in the assembly, copying from the browser tree and copying from the model: same result each time.  I also tried opening a second instance of Inventor; but it would not let me copy/paste between the two versions - I could only copy/paste from files within each instance of Inventor - not cross between the two.  So I learned something new at least...

Please post back if you figure it out!

Kenny

Message 4 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi Frank,

If I understood the issue correctly, the behavior is actually intended. The pasted component is placed slightly off the previous occurrence to avoid total overlapping. By separating them apart, it would be easier to see the paste occurrences.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
salariua

I find my settings similar to @kennyj

Paste is only available on right-click in graphical window with/without any items selected. 

Right click menu will change depending on your current selection (if any) but Paste is only available in graphical window.

Nothing selected

170809-01.gif

Items selected

170809-02.gif

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report