Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts list wrapping

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
CadUser46
246 Views, 5 Replies

Parts list wrapping

I think the answer is no but i'll ask anyway.

When wrapping a parts list, is there a way to show a double line, space, or solid line to better highlight the table wrap?

I feel like a vaguely remember seeing this in a 'What's new' several releases ago.  We're currently on 2021.4.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Currently using 2023 Pro
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blandb
in reply to: CadUser46

You can split the parts list and add some extra space, is that what you are referring to?

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 3 of 6
CadUser46
in reply to: blandb

I mean when it's wrapped into 2, occasionally 3 columns.  

Can you describe your method?

Are you meaning insert two parts lists and hide half the items in each one?  I'm not seeing anything obvious for spacing it apart.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently using 2023 Pro
Message 4 of 6
Gabriel_Watson

@CadUser46 wrote:

I mean when it's wrapped into 2, occasionally 3 columns.  

Can you describe your method?

Are you meaning insert two parts lists and hide half the items in each one?  I'm not seeing anything obvious for spacing it apart.

I believe he meant this:

Galaxybane_1-1662471650366.png

Message 5 of 6
CadUser46
in reply to: Gabriel_Watson

Obvious now you've mentioned it, never used it!  However it does not seem controlled enough to force users to do that.

Guess i'll just stick with the standard method.

Currently using 2023 Pro
Message 6 of 6
rhasell

I don't think it is possible.

I have created a blank column in the past, and changed the width to suit, but it is a workaround, and does not really work very well. The end of the table always has a blank column

I try and avoid it if at all possible, (The split table, or multiple tables might work better)

parts list.png

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report