Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial contour roll

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
otte845
470 Views, 3 Replies

Partial contour roll

Hi everyone, I'm modelling a part that consist of a curved sheet metal with a cut out and an internal 'flange'. Like shown:

otte845_0-1643652404979.png

How would you model this? Currently I make the curved body and cutout on one body and the flange (with contour roll) in another body, then derive both, unfold (not flat pattern) and combine them in another part. But I have doubts about the stability of this method (I need to add holes on the rolled flange and assembly constraints later)

PS:  In my various attempts at doing this I discovered a lot of Inventor error messages that I never seen before... What "Access violation - no RTTI data" would mean? (Also, the message is in english even on the spanish language pack)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
S_May
in reply to: otte845

Message 3 of 4
S_May
in reply to: otte845

Message 4 of 4
otte845
in reply to: S_May

This solution is a lot better than using the contour roll feature, the math is a little more involved for positioning the holes in the part but I prefer doing math instead of getting a crash to desktop!

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report