Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part list Virtual component quantity 0

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Tim.Malkowski
279 Views, 5 Replies

Part list Virtual component quantity 0

Hi All,

Looking for some advice please.  I have a part list on a drawing and it is filtered by a view representation and also with quantity limited to view. 

The view representation contains some virtual components.  The issue is the quantity for these parts are zero and that's not the case. 

I had an issue with release 2020 where the limit quantity did not work on the part list when filtering by view rep.  It seems to work fine in 2023, but the virtual components seem to read zero now.

Has anyone else noticed this issue or is it something i am doing wrong. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

You may have suppressed the virtual component, otherwise it's a bug being investigated:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Zero-...

Maybe attach files here or e-mail one of the devs/support to study your case. Also make sure you are running the latest and greatest updates for Inventor, as this will be the first thing they ask/require.

Message 3 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Tim.Malkowski

Are you saying that...

You have a drawing parts list filtered by assy view rep with the "limit qty to visible only" and when you apply that it changes the qty of any virtual parts to zero instead of whatever the qty was before?

If so.. No that seems to NOT be happening to me in 2023 in the test dataset I just tried..  Anything else "special" that you might have done? Can you post the dataset or a sample showing the issue? 

Is this a split parts list maybe?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 6

Hi! Please share an example that exhibits the behavior. I would like to understand the behavior better. Virtual Components should be counted as regular components.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6

Step 1 filter part list to a view rep and limit qty to visible components

TimMalkowski_0-1654075052729.png

Results shows virtual components in the list, but with qty 0.  

TimMalkowski_1-1654075180574.png

the virtual components are visible because they show up in the list but the qty has been zero see BOM showing actual qty's

TimMalkowski_2-1654075412056.png

Message 6 of 6

Hi! I guess this is like a limitation. The Design View filter in the PartsList only considers the physical components, not virtual components. I guess you may need to create dummy components (ipts without geometry) as a replacement for VC.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report