Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pane Feature Creation Dimension Issues

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
259 Views, 5 Replies

Pane Feature Creation Dimension Issues

Has anyone else noticed that when attempting to create a feature using the new pane features that you can no longer click a sketch dimension when the Dimension field is highlighted and have it reference that dimension?

It seems like this is moving away from helping people use robust modelling practices and more towards face based modelling, which is far more prone to crashing and intensive resource consumption.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Sergio.D.Suárez
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello, could you attach an image of the behavior of the software? You are talking about Inv 2019. Grettings!

Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

I am attaching my Upwork profile for specific queries.

Sergio Daniel Suarez
Mechanical Designer

| Upwork Profile | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! If I understand the issue correctly, you are talking about Extrude panel in Inventor 2020, right? Yes, there is a behavioral change in the workflow on 2020 RTM. You will need to press CTRL + click on the dimension in the graphics window in order to reference it. We were trying to change the behavior back to 2019 and earlier but we ran out of time. The fix is being worked on for 2020.1 update. Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 6
andrewdroth
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thank GOD.

Do people not use reference parameters? How does it ship like this?

Andrew Roth
rothmech.com

YouTube IconLinkedIn Icon

Message 5 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: andrewdroth

Hi Andrew,

There was a design change to accommodate other controls in the Panel UI leading to this behavioral change. We did get negative feedback. We are actively working on a solution to change it back.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 6
andrewdroth
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks Johnson,

I hope I don't sound like some on here that nitpick at every change, but this just seems too fundamental to tweak.

Andrew Roth
rothmech.com

YouTube IconLinkedIn Icon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report