Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overwritten Balloons

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
douthett
1422 Views, 17 Replies

Overwritten Balloons

Can someone tell me of a way to locate any balloon that were overwritten? 

We need to correct the mess someone created by doing it the so-called easy way.   We would rather not have to click on each balloon to double check them.

Tags (2)
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
mdavis22569
in reply to: douthett

Not sure of a way ...

Can you not just re-balloon?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 18
douthett
in reply to: mdavis22569

When you have hundreds of balloons on multi-sheet drawing, re-ballooning is not an option

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous

Right click on a balloon, click Edit Balloon Style, set Property Display to a BOM property that is very obvious eg part number.

Overwritten balloons will not change, fix all incorrect balloons and reverse the process

Message 5 of 18
douthett
in reply to: Anonymous

That didn’t work. They all changed.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous

After you overwrote the balloons, did you save them to the BOM?

Message 7 of 18
douthett

No.

What the person did was double click on a balloon and change the number of that balloon.  We have no clue which balloon this person did it to and we need to find them.

Re-ballooning is not an option.  The BOM doens't tell us anything either.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous

If it was overwritten using the override column, it wouldn't show up as an edited cell in the BOM.  But if he just changed the number in the ITEM column, it would have a blue box around it.

You can select multiple balloons, right click and edit.  Scroll through the list to see which values are different from the ITEM and Override columns.

EDIT:  I'm sorry, it's not a right click and edit.  You have to select multiple balloons and then double click on one of the highlighted balloons to edit them.  That will bring up this window

edit balloon.PNG

Message 9 of 18
douthett

He did not change the BOM.  He changed the balloon

balloon.jpgballoon2.jpg

Message 10 of 18
Anonymous

Right, so, it may be a pain, but you can select all your balloons, double click on the last one and see which ones were overridden...

edit balloon 2.PNG

Message 11 of 18
douthett

So submti the idea to teh Ideastation and hope it gets enough votes so we can see it in some future version of Inventor.

Thanks for everyone's help.  I'm going to go pound my head against the desk.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous

How many balloons we talking here?

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

If it was overwritten using the override column, it wouldn't show up as an edited cell in the BOM.  But if he just changed the number in the ITEM column, it would have a blue box around it.

You can select multiple balloons, right click and edit.  Scroll through the list to see which values are different from the ITEM and Override columns.

EDIT:  I'm sorry, it's not a right click and edit.  You have to select multiple balloons and then double click on one of the highlighted balloons to edit them.  That will bring up this window

edit balloon.PNG

Thank you I learned something very useful today

Message 14 of 18
douthett

For this type of drawing we can have easily between 100-300 balloon.  And we have no clue which ones are overwriten.

Message 15 of 18
wrw0007

as mentioned above the easiest method that I know of is to select all of the ballons and open the edit/override menu which will give you an idea of how many were overwritten. The problem is that this doesn't show you specifically which balloos were overridden, but it will allow you to change only the overridden ones back to default.

Easiest method to select all balloons:

Hold Shift then make a right-click to open the selection menu.

Choose "Edit Select Filters"

Choose "Select None" and then tick only the balloons radio button.

Then simply drag a selection box across your entire sheet. (you'll need to do this on every sheet)

Checking the balloons:

As mentioned before, once the balloons are selected you can double click(assuming you're on IV2016) to open the edit/override box

This will now give you a list of all balloons on the sheet.

If the balloon is overwritten, the number under "override" will be highlighted in white.

If the balloon is default, the override box will be grey.

Again, clicking anywhere in this box will not highlight the balloon in question though, but feel free to switch all of these back to the default balloon value.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: wrw0007

and I learned something as well.  Was unaware of the selection filters.........

Message 17 of 18
wrw0007

just adding what I can. I imagine it would be hell trying to ctrl-select 300+ balloons...

"278...279...280....281....DAMNIT I MIS-CLICKED" *rage* Man Mad

kudos for the work-around though.

Message 18 of 18
douthett
in reply to: wrw0007

That works. Smiley Very Happy  Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report