Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset curve not anchored

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
tmccar
837 Views, 8 Replies

Offset curve not anchored

In Inventor 2012, if I offset a curve and then constrain the offset to the correct dimension, it always moves the original curve and the offset curve becomes the "fixed" curve. How can I change this?

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
SBix26
in reply to: tmccar

Constrain the original curve so it can't move.  If this isn't a helpful suggestion, then please post your file and more information about what you're trying to accomplish.

Message 3 of 9
JDMather

Attach the file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 9
tmccar
in reply to: JDMather

I have attached the file, thanks

Message 5 of 9
SBix26

Need parts, too.

Message 6 of 9
JDMather

Almost 300 posts going back 5 years and still not aware that an iam file is nothing more than a list of hyperlinks and a record of constraints?

Someone hasn't been paying attention.
I don't even see any reference to assembly environment in the original problem description.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 9
tmccar
in reply to: JDMather

All parts attached this time

Message 8 of 9
MingweiGao
in reply to: SBix26

From your skecth, the original sketch in the center is not constrained. Can you constrain the original curves firstly and then do the offset or change the offset dimesion?

Steven Gao

Principal Quality Assurance Engineer

Message 9 of 9
tmccar
in reply to: MingweiGao

OK, I had deleted the construction line I was using to constrain the shape because the loop wouldn't close. That is probably why it's no longer constrained.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report