Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not active project...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
chris13
1459 Views, 5 Replies

Not active project...

When dealing with this project, I CONSTANTLY get the message that "the file location of the selected file is not in the search path of the active project"...."do you want to continue??"

The two images below are from the project dialog box, and the expanded project location for a file-open dialog box..  They both apear to be the same, yet I am getting the error message.

Anyone understand why I'm getting this error message???

Thanks in Advance!

Chris

not current project.jpgproject location.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: chris13

I'm not an network expert but I have seen issues in INventor where a mapped drive has a better results than a UNC path does.  However I'm not sure if I've ever seen a UNC path being used as a project location either.  But at the same time I'm not fan of working across a network with Inventor. 

Edit: @chris13  I also just noticed in your 2nd image, that UNC path is mapped to "N".  Try using the mapped drive setting and see what happens.  Also I don't know without testing but I notice you have "Chris' documents" and I wonder if the single quote could also have an impact.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 6
chris13
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I probably have 40+ projects (I store them by customer) all in the same folder.  This is the only one that gives me this message.  It also is something new.  Up untill  a week or so ago, files in this project opened normally.

Message 4 of 6
Mark.Lancaster

So I assume the other projects are still working then..   Maybe that given project file is corrupt.  Delete it and recreate it and report back.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 6
chris13
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Well it seems this is an intermittent problem.  I changed projects just now, and then reopened the problem project.  Now when I open files, no message.  Not going to lose any sleep over this...  Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
BWMcDowell

I have started getting this error when my location is an absolute path

if I change the location to the relative path it seems to work fine

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report