Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Longer Able to Pattern Frame Generator Reused Components

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
el_jefe_de_steak
702 Views, 5 Replies

No Longer Able to Pattern Frame Generator Reused Components

Just noticed this morning that I am no longer able (with Inventor 2020) to pattern any frame generator components that have been "reused". This functionality was very useful in Inventor 2019 for weldments that use lots of the same components. Is there some way to turn this on again?

Use case: custom stairway with vertical balusters that follow the same pattern all the way up the length of the stairway. I would draw the first "section" in my sketch and place a single baluster, then "reuse" that part throughout that first section after I made the proper end treatments. All other "sections" of the rail use the same pattern of components, and I would pattern up the length of the stair stringer, and then also to the other side of the stairway. This was a huge time saver.

Screen Grab 1.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hello,

it hasn't been possible to pattern Reused frame members, even in Inventor 2019.

You can still pattern whole Frame Generator assembly.

We are planning to provide a solution to pattern reused frame members.

Regards

Martin Zatecka
UX Designer
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for the clarification. For some reason, I thought that this was possible in 2019...

I appreciate that a solution will be provided in the future. This feature will be very useful.

Message 4 of 6

Hello,

The workaround came into my mind was:

- Break Reuse Members on frame you need to pattern 

- Promote this frame/part

- Use the Patter command from the Assembly environment

but disadvantage of Break Reuse Members is end treatment lost. Means if you are breaking link on frame that has Miter applied on, miter is gone after Break Reuse Members

But similar idea works:

- do not use Reuse

- activate (Double click) Frame subassembly

- pattern frames you need

Regards

Jan Priban

PatterInsideFG.jpg

Message 5 of 6

Thanks. This is basically what I ended up doing... In essence, I broke the reuse and then was able to pattern the components within the frame assembly.

Message 6 of 6
gantonov
in reply to: el_jefe_de_steak

Yes, but then you are not able to change the size of this frame member, using frame generator library. You have to delete the pattern - change the component - create the pattern again. Or at least that is what I came up with...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report