Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Inventor 2022 - deleted extrusion but cannot delete sketch

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
merkamp
155 Views, 2 Replies

New to Inventor 2022 - deleted extrusion but cannot delete sketch

Help!  Just recently updated to Inventor 2022.  With Inventor 2020, when you deleted an extrusion, you were prompted as to whether or not to delete the associated sketch.  Now, with Inventor 2022, I deleted an extrusion, but there was no prompt asking about the sketch.  And I am unable delete the sketch.  There is no "delete" listed when I right-click on the sketch.  How do I delete the no longer wanted sketch?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
merkamp
in reply to: merkamp

Never mind.  There was another feature associated with the sketch.  Once I deleted that feature, I was able to delete the sketch.  D'oh!

Message 3 of 3
jtylerbc
in reply to: merkamp

Yes, that's the most common reason for not being able to delete the sketch.  If it is shared with another feature, it won't let you delete it.

In fact, if it is marked as a Shared Sketch, deleting the feature won't delete the sketch even if no other feature actually makes use of the sharing.  In that case, the sketch can be deleted individually, but won't be automatically deleted when you delete the feature.  This sometimes comes up if you had previously been sharing a sketch with a feature that has since been deleted.  The sketch would still be marked as Shared, even though the feature it was being shared with is now gone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report