Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new Frame Generator weirdness?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jnewon
110 Views, 1 Reply

new Frame Generator weirdness?

Hey

This seems like new FG issue. Or at least I haven't seen this before. I have a frame member that has trims on both ends. I go to edit the frame member to offset it a distance like a 2 in. The member errors on one of the trims and total wigs out. The member flips direction. I can't even change the offset back. The trim is broken. It' has happened a few times while trying to build this platform. I have to delete and redo both trims.  I do work with the frame generator quit a bit but I haven't seen this before. I feel that inventor is flipping a plane or planes used for the trims. I say this because I delete the offending trim and the member is gone. Meaning the part was trimmed out totally with the remaining trim. I delete the remaining trim  and the member is back. 

before

jnewon_1-1714414653915.png

Appling offset

jnewon_0-1714414612530.png

After

jnewon_2-1714414733774.png

Thanks

jnewon

Inventor 2024.3

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jnewon

Hi! This could be related to the end treatment. If possible, please share the files here. I would like to understand the behavior better. Are you using iMates? Could the iMate source geometry be removed by the end treatments?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report