Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advise on Project Setup

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
vicshandywork
337 Views, 5 Replies

Need Advise on Project Setup

Hello everyone I need advise on the correct way to setup a project for custom furniture. I am testing the Inventor trial. I know the recomended way is to start with general layout. I tried making one leg and reusing it but when I have problems to rotate leg and each copied leg is not independant. I would like the steps I have to follow.Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: vicshandywork

Welcome to the forums! As a general tip, include your working files so we can see your attempts and offer suggestions. Based on your post, it's difficult to tell what operations you're using so we can't say how to fix them.  My suggestion would be to check out the tutorials. IV has some good basic stuff for understanding how it deals with individual parts and sub assemblies, along with common with working through common operations.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/201...

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 6
PaulMunford

Hi Vic,

I recommend that you look into 'Top Down' design. You might find this link helpful :
http://cadsetterout.com/inventor-tutorials/autodesk-inventor-assembly-techniques-for-woodworkers/

I also recommend that you check out the Inventor for Wood workers plug in:
http://www.woodworkforinventor.com/

Autodesk Marketing Manager D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 4 of 6
JDMather

@vicshandywork wrote:

...I have problems to rotate leg and each copied leg is not independant. I would like the steps I have to follow.Thanks

Without an assembly - I am going to take guess at what you did.

My guess is that you did a circular pattern in a part file.  That would be 4 solid bodies, not 1.

A part is a part in Inventor, just like in the real world.  If you want 4 instances of a part - you place those in an assembly.

or

you did a circular Component Pattern in an assembly.

A pattern is a pattern - if you don't want a pattern then place each instance of the component individually.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 6

Hi! I suspect you possibly use Component Pattern to replicate the legs, right? If yes, you could make them independent by right-click on each non-source occurrence in the browser -> Independent Occurrence.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 6

I thank you all for the replies which I will try to follow. I will Make legs independant to see the results. Thank you all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report